Residencia Clínica en Periodoncia
Degree holders in:
- Medicine (with a specialisation in Stomatology)
The Clinical Residency in Periodontics programme aims to train dentists to develop a broad theoretical and practical knowledge that will allow them to improve the diagnosis and complete treatment of pathologies associated with periodontics.
The programme will consist of theoretical classes in clinical periodontics and clinical seminars, which include joint cases with other dental specialities, practical workshops and clinical practice. This eminently practical programme focuses on clinical practice, which includes treating periodontal patients and offering surgical treatments to control periodontal diseases.
Introduction to the course
This program is designed to train professional dentists who want to broaden their theoretical and practical/clinical knowledge in the field of Periodontics.
This course is mainly practical in nature, and allows for interaction with other dental specialities.
The teaching activity in this postgraduate course is made up of:
- Theory sessions.
- Practical pre-clinical sessions (lab sessions and practical seminars).
- Clinical sessions and clinical practice.
Students will take an active part in the different activities, with guidance from a tutor, in order to acquire relevant knowledge on each subject.
At the beginning of the postgraduate course, students must bring the following materials in addition to the equipment indicated by the Department of Periodontics:
- Digital camera (Nikon or Canon) with macro and ring flash and mirrors for intraoral photography.
- Laptop or computer access (USB, etc.).
- Rotary instruments: Turbine, Adapter (*), Contra-angle, Handpiece, Micromotor.
- Dental operatory (**).
- Intraoral X-rays.
- Magnifying lenses (optional).
(*) For the adapter, please check model and compatibility.
(**) On request.
To access the CUO, the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
- ARROYO FURLAN, Isabel
- BAGLIVO DUARTE, Mariana Paula
- BERTOS QUÍLEZ, Nuria
- CARRIÓ BERTRÁN, Neus
- DE TAPIA PASTOR, Beatriz
- DOMINGUEZ CARDONER, Eduard
- DORIA CREIXELL, Inés
- GARCÍA MUR, Berta
- GOLMAYO MUÑOZ-DELGADO, Pilar
- MOR REINOSO, Carolina
- PANIAGUA COTONAT, Blanca
- SAVOINI, Marzia Cristina
- TORRES RODRIGUEZ, Juan Camilo
- VALLÉS RODRÍGUEZ, Ana
- VALLÈS VEGAS, Cristina
Prerequisites & admissions
Admission tests consist of a weighted assessment of the student’s academic record and personal profile, in addition to an assessment of the student’s motivations and skills through the following criteria:
Oral and written English skills (level B2) are essential, as the languages used for the residency will be Spanish and English.
Personal interview in which the applicant’s personal profile and aptitudes will be evaluated.
Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies)*.
- Photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- €90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment.
- (except former UIC undergraduate students).
- CV containing a list of courses and conferences attended.
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
*Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
Ms. Cristina Junquera
Ms. Paola Lago
Facultad de Odontología
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Edifici Hospital General
Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Grants & financial aid
Members of the UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.