Training Course in Interceptive Orthodontics and Functional Orthopaedics
Interceptive orthodontics starts and ends during the primary or mixed dentition phase. This type of treatment is habitually used to correct abnormal habits, which can interfere with the normal growth pattern of the face and jaws.
- Give students the skills they need to diagnose dentofacial problems in paediatric patients and assess when to start treatment.
- Create accurate diagnostic records.
- Dental photography, the best diagnostic method to use at the clinic.
- Training and experience in multiple early treatment philosophies.
- Understand the technical skills needed to carry out treatment.
Competences to be acquired by students
- To know how to distinguish the normal from the pathological in the mixed and temporary dentition stage.
- To learn how to apply the basic principles of diagnosis in common occlusive alterations.
- To show through specific clinical situations the parameters to be followed (with the use of clear and simple protocols) in the interception of a future malocclusion.
The course is aimed at general dentists, stomatologists and specialists in paediatric dentistry.
- Dr. Francesc Guinot
- Dra. Anaïs Ninou
- Dra. Cristina García
Prerequisites & admissions
- To be in possession of an undergraduate/bachelor’s degree in Dentistry or Medicine (specialist area Stomatology).