Postgraduate in Compliance and Cybersecurity
Reasons to take this postgraduate
- There is a growing need for compliance officers, since it is one of the professional profiles currently most in demand in companies.
- Along with theoretical and practical knowledge about compliance, this postgraduate will also provide complementary knowledge from the field of cybersecurity and the technological tools to help manage compliance.
- The teaching body consists of professionals who have broad experience in this sector.
Postgraduate awarded jointly with
Design, implementation and management of corporate compliance programmes and preventive defence strategies faced with penal and technological risks
Since the criminal responsibility of legal persons was set out in 2010 until now, successive reforms of the Spanish Criminal Code have defined the tax budgets covering this responsibility and compliance programmes as the only way to be exempt from it. The doctrinal and jurisprudential trajectory of this material has established an unprecedented synergy between criminal and business law, thus generating an educational need in a field that is still new.
Faced with this scenario, and after offering a Specialisation Course in Compliance and Cybercrime for four years running, UIC Barcelona and Molins Abogados – Defensa Penal are now offering a broader postgraduate degree programme, with the main purpose of providing the necessary technical and legal training to compliance officers who are at the start of their professional career. This course is also open to people who work in legal advisory services and professionals who hold positions involving a certain degree of responsibility in companies and institutions in both the public and private sectors.
Our Postgraduate Degree in Compliance and Cybersecurity takes an eminently practical approach and is taught by prestigious members of our teaching staff. The main aim of this postgraduate degree is to teach students about designing and implementing a CPM (crime prevention model) while taking into consideration the challenges of the digital transformation of companies and emerging problems in the field of cybersecurity, all oriented towards avoiding criminal responsibility for legal persons.
This programme offers a profound view of the profile of compliance officers and provides technical and legal tools to tackle technological risks in companies during each of the three stages of the implementation of a CPM (crime prevention model).
- Crime prevention
Risk analysis, protocol design, training and awareness-raising for employees and management.
- Crime detection
Inspections, internal investigations, forensic IT, audits, whistleblowing hotline.
- Reaction to detection of crime and/or irregular behaviour
Disciplinary measures, review and improvement of CP, criminal defence strategies.
Module I: Criminal Responsibility of Legal Persons and Criminal Compliance (5 ECTS)
- Practical issues of compliance
- Corporate criminal liability
- Crime prevention models or compliance programmes
- The compliance office
- Criminal compliance I: Crime prevention in companies
- Criminal compliance II: Crime detection in companies
- Criminal compliance III: Reaction to crimes in companies
Module II: Technology, Cybersecurity and Compliance (5 ECTS)
- Basic cybersecurity
- Compliance, corporate governance and cybersecurity
- Digital transformation of companies and management of cybersecurity in corporate environments.
- Prevention and reaction in cyber environments
- Management of incidents and business continuity
- Evaluation and auditing of cybersecurity
- Technological and corporate trends in the area of cybersecurity
- Public-private cooperation business-State security forces
- Concrete framework for the application of corporate cybersecurity: The prevention of money laundering, data protection, online reputation and compliance, crimes committed using ICT
Module III: Corporate Defence (2 ETCS)
- Legal framework of criminal responsibility for fiscal individuals
- Corporate defence strategies in companies
- Casa analysis. Jurisprudential contributions
Module IV: Work placement (3 ETCS)
- Option 1: External professional work placement (or recognition of previous work experience) subject to meeting the requirements and successfully passing the selection process (subject to availability and selection).
- Option 2: Final Degree Project (FDP)
Dr Jesús Mª. Silva Sánchez
Professor of Criminal Law at the UPF and President of the Academic Council at Molins, Criminal defence
Dr Mª. Alejandra Vargas
Criminal lawyer and an associate lecturer of Criminal Law at UIC Barcelona.
Dr Raquel Montaner
Lecturer of Criminal Law at the UPF and director of the department of Corporate Defense & Compliance at Molins, Criminal defence
Prof. Joan Castaño
Compliance officer and DPO (GDPR) of the RACC Group
Prof. Maria Tornos
Lawyer, Consultant in Corporate Compliance and Compliance Officer of the Orfeó Català-Palau de la Música Catalana Foundation
Prof. Josep Maria Torras Coll
Magistrate of the Provincial Court of Barcelona
Prof. Óscar Serrano
Prosecutor Fiscal specialised in compliance and financial crimes
Dr Víctor Gómez Martín
Accredited Professor of Criminal Law at the UB and consultant at Molins, Criminal defence
Dr Beatriz Goena
Lawyer at Molins & Silva and Assistant Lecturer at the University of Navarra
Prof. Juan-Jorge Gili
Senior Corporate Risk Manager de Novartis
Pof. Rafael Solórzano
IT Compliance Officer IPG
Dr Ramon Ragués
Professor of Criminal Law at the UPF and consultant at Molins, Criminal defence
Prof. Jorge Navarro
Partner at Molins, Criminal defence. Head of the Corporate Defense Department
Prof. Anna Nuñez
Lawyer and coordinator of the Department of Corporate Defense at Molins, Criminal defence
Prof. Xavier Ribas
Managing partner at Ribas y Asociados
Prof. Eloi Font
Managing partner at Font Advocats and coordinator of the Master's degree in cybercrime
Prof. Abraham Pasamar
Prof. Oriol Roses
COO INCIDE Director of Operations
Prof. Cristina Muñoz-Aycuens
Senior Forensic / Advisory Manager at Grant Thornton Spain
Prof. Rafael López
Vice President of the Catalan Association of Technological Judicial Experts
Prof. Carlos Cosials
ALM / IoT Senior Business Consultant at Integral PLM Experts and associate professor UIC Barcelona
Prof. Ramón Miralles
Partner of Ecix Group - Director of project quality Privacy, Risk & Compliance
Prof. Oscar Ramos Novo
Foreman. Central Unit of Computer Crimes. Police of the Generalitat - Mossos d’Esquadra
Prof. Ana Carolina Oliveira
Criminal Lawyer - Assistant Professor at Pompeu Fabra University
Prof. Marc Molins
Criminal Lawyer - Founding Partner at Molins & Parés Criminal Compliance
Prof. Carles Martínez
Criminal Lawyer - Partner at Roig & Bergés & Martínez criminal lawyers
Dr. Íñigo de Ros Raventós
Criminal Lawyer in Cuatrecasas. Associate Professor UIC Barcelona
Professor Ramiro Cid del Corral
Region Europe south IT security officer for The Linde Group
Dr Laura Zúñiga Rodríguez
Full professor of criminal law at the University of Salamanca
Dr Paula Ramírez Barbosa
Chief public prosecutor of criminal affairs for the Office of the Attorney General (Colombia) and lecturer in economic criminal law and compliance.
Prerequisites & admissions
Graduates of law; although it is also of special interest to any professionals wishing to acquire specific knowledge on the subject of Compliance and to equip themselves with the technical knowledge to underpin this objective. It is also expected that participants may be company lawyers, economists, internal and external auditors, consultants and other professionals who wish to receive training in Compliance.
Your qualifications for access, a copy of your CV and a letter of motivation. You need to send the CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com, specifying the qualifications which will provide access to your chosen study programme.
With a view to adapting to current needs and trends, UIC Barcelona and Molins Criminal Defence Lawyers also offer students the option to study remotely for the Postgraduate in Compliance and Cybersecurity for compliance officers and legal advisors in companies.
The Online Specialisation Postgraduate in Compliance and Cybersecurity will broadcast live each of the on-site sessions, which may also be viewed via deferred transmission on UIC Barcelona’s Virtual Campus.
The teaching staff’s experience and prestige, the postgraduate's hands-on approach and the facilities afforded by the virtual environment make this distance learning postgraduate a top-rate educational tool that is accessible to everyone.
The virtual version of the Postgraduate Degree in Compliance and Cybersecurity guarantees virtual attendance to all the on-site course classes for participants, whether by attending streaming sessions on the days the classes are taught (Tuesdays and Thursdays) from 6.30 to 8.30 p.m. (Barcelona time) or by accessing the virtual platform where they can be viewed afterwards.
The monitoring and evaluation of each participant will be undertaken individually, with attendance or subsequent viewing of each of the sessions being an essential requisite of the postgraduate degree in order to obtain accreditation.
Why choose distance learning?
- Individual attention
- Access to postgradute materials via our virtual campus.
- The opportunity to attend the postgraduate classes virtually and take part in debates and questions
- The opportunity to watch pre-recorded classes