Academic Excellence Scholarship - Communications
*Pending regulatory approval for the coming 2021-2022 academic year
The grants cover up to 80% of the tuition fees for each year of your degree programme. In this way, the cost is similar to the academic fees you pay in state or public universities.
The grants programme receives support from the UIC Barcelona and during this edition it is now offered to Communication students. Students with talent, who have a clear vocation for one of the three bachelor’s degrees we teach at the Faculty of Communication Sciences (Journalism, Audiovisual Communication and Advertising and Public Relations) and who want to become professionals capable of providing a response to new challenges in the sector, through a good quality education, that is completely personalised and adapted to the current communication scenario.
- Thursday, 25 February 2021.
The final decision on the Academic Excellence Scholarship is solely the responsibility of the Scholarships Committee, which reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Admissions for Communication Sciences
Tel.: (+34) 93 254 18 00
Terms and conditions of the grant – 2021-2022 academic year
There is a limited number of grants. To apply for this call, it is essential to meet the following requirements, which under no circumstances will guarantee the award of the grant:
- Have an average mark of 8 or higher from their first year of upper secondary education.
- Pass UIC Barcelona's specific entrance exam for communications students for the Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Provide marks from their first year of upper secondary school and from the completed semesters in their second year.
- A letter of motivation from the candidate in which they explain why they think they deserve the grant (marks, personal achievements, aptitudes, etc.).
- The candidate must provide evidence of their family’s income from 2019.
Procedure and timelines
All documentation must be uploaded to the UIC Barcelona admissions portal.
The entrance examination for the call for the Grants for Academic Excellence will take place on our Barcelona campus (c/ Immaculada, 22). Given the current situation sparked by the healthcare crisis, the entrance examinations will be sat online.
You can apply for a grant for the following programmes
- Audiovisual Communication
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Advertising and PR + BA in Mass Communication with concentration in PR (this does not include a grant for the second degree programme)
- Journalism + BA in Mass Communication with concentration in PR (this does not include a grant for the second degree programme)
- Journalism +Humanities (it doesn’t include a grant for the second degree)
To renew a Grant for Academic Excellence for the following academic year students will have to meet the academic requirements established by UIC Barcelona.
Additionally, students who obtain a Grant for Academic Excellence (BEA) will have to work for 40 hours per year, on tasks assigned to them by the department they are affiliated to. The hours can be concentrated into specific activities or can be distributed throughout the whole year according to each department’s needs.