The fundamental objective of the Bachelor's Degree in Dentistry at UIC Barcelona is to train professionals who are capable of applying the scientific knowledge and technical knowledge they have acquired in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of oral diseases, ethically, efficiently and safely.
Article 10 of chapter II of RD 1393/2007, of 29 October, states that “the aim of Postgraduate teaching is for the student to acquire advanced learning, that is specialised or multidisciplinary in nature, oriented towards academic or professional specialisation, or to promote the initiation of research activities”.
In order to achieve this main objective, our Postgraduate degree curriculum must ensure that students:
- Learn the principles, methods and protective measures related to the use of radiation, as well as how to manage the different dental x-ray machines.
- Learn to design, analyse, execute and interpret radiological images in the area of dentistry. Be aware of and undertake various radiographic techniques. Be aware of and manage highly specialised software for diagnostic imaging in the oral and maxillofacial regions.
- Develop knowledge and skills in the methodological work facets of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology with a special emphasis on opportunities for teaching and research.
- Demonstrate skills in the dissemination of scientific knowledge, according to the presentation, writing and publication criteria in place within the scientific community.
- Acquire management skills so that specialists can acquire the necessary competences to direct and administer their own diagnostic centre.
In order for students to acquire the specific competences taught in this degree programme, a correlation has been established between each of them and the objectives set out, with the aim of ensuring that these will be covered satisfactorily.
The general and specific competences which students must acquire during their Postgraduate Degree in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology at UIC Barcelona take into account the principles in article 3.5 in Royal Decree 1393/2007 of 29 October. This Royal Decree is on respect for the fundamental right for equality between men and women, equal opportunities and universal accessibility for people with disabilities and the promotion of the values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
- 30 ECTS, Postgraduate Degree in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology