Other languages of instruction: Catalan, English
Reyes Alcón: email@example.com
Office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. In all cases an email should be sent in advance to arrange an appointment.
The subject consists of a set of sessions aimed at providing students with a series of paralegal tools that can be used in their professional environment.
- CA11 - Know how to develop skills that allow lawyers to be more efficient in their work and enhance the overall functioning of the team or institution they belong to by accessing information sources, using their knowledge of languages, knowledge management and the management of applied techniques and tools
- CB06 - Possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas in a professional context.
- CB07 - Know how to apply acquired knowledge and problem-solving abilities in new or little-known surroundings within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- CB09 - Know how to communicate their conclusions to specialist and non-specialist audiences alike in a clear and unambiguous way along with the rationale and knowledge that supports them.
- CG01 - Acquire the ability to work individually and as part of a team as well as the communication and leadership skills required to progress in the legal profession.
Students will learn how to:
- Master legal and meta-legal knowledge, skills and competences of a strictly instrumental or auxiliary nature.
- Assimilate in-depth highly specialised judicial, legal and regulatory knowledge that allows them to practice in specific branches or areas of the legal or paralegal professions.
• Techniques for group management, teamwork and the timely integration of collective work units in fields of the legal profession.
• New technologies in fields of the legal profession.
Teaching and learning activities
- Master class.
Evaluation systems and criteria
The evaluation consists of two parameters:
• Participation in class: Accounts for 60% of the final mark.
• Examination: Accounts for 40% of the final mark.
RULES AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES CORRESPONDING TO THE PRESENT STATUS OF ALARM AND TO THE COMPULSORY DOMICILIARY CONFINEMENT (PANDEMIC COVID-19)
The exam planned for the subject of Time and Knowledge Management will be carried out online, through the Moodle platform. It will consist of 5 questions that must be answered independently, sequentially, and in a limited time.
Of the 5 questions, 4 of them will consist of a practical exercise related to the questions that have been addressed in class, relating, for example, to the use of reliable sources of information, use of public and private databases, location of texts regulations, jurisprudence etc.
One last question, of a more reflective nature and personal exposition, will be related to the key aspects addressed in the part of the subject dedicated to time management.
The answers to the questions must be done individually, and for this the online resources that we have used during the classes can be used.