Other languages of instruction: Catalan, English,
By appointment by email.
Teacher of the subject (Spanish version): Dr. Rita Cavallotti firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher of the subject (English version): Dr. Remei Agulles email@example.com
This subjet has been conceived as based on a relevant premise for university education: the main challenges and problems which a graduate will face in the future are not to be solved with techniques that can be taught but with a deep understanding of human condition. Therefore, it is all about reflecting on that which is human in oneself, economic activities and society.
Last decades' economic and financial crises make it the more obvious and necessary to have such a mindset in those who will have to decide on other people tomorrow. Only serene and honest reflection about the person, economic life and society can provide orientation in navigating an increasingly complex world. Nowadays, to stop and think, to adopt a humanistic view on the world, acquires the category of an urgent humanitarian task.
There are no previous requirements.
Reflect on the human being in its personal, family, economic and social dimensions.
- 11 - To be familiar with the main concepts and theories related to humanity and society.
- 12 - To be familiar with the main concepts and theories of economic and business philosophy.
- 33 - To be able to search for, interpret and convey information.
- 50 - To acquire the ability to relate concepts, analyse and synthesise.
- 54 - To be able to express one’s ideas and formulate arguments in a logical and coherent way, both verbally and in writing.
- 56 - To be able to create arguments which are conducive to critical and self-critical thinking.
- 57 - To acquire skills which favour reading comprehension.
- 62 - To acquire mechanisms that facilitate the adoption of ethical commitments.
1. Sensitive life
2. Intellect and feelings
3. The person
5. Interpersonal relationships
6. The family
7. Social life, institutions and politics
9. Economic activities
10. Capital and business organisations
11. Global crises and globalisation
12. Technology, human world and sustainability
Teaching and learning activities
Theoretical lessons and practical activities (text comments, debates on videos, group tasks) will aternate.
|Classroom practicum (solving problems/videos/text commentary/sheets)||54 56 57 65|
|Writing up projects||56|
Evaluation systems and criteria
10% attendance (the techer will control the attendance)
30% partial exam
30% final exam
Students will pass the second sitting by submitting the tasks they failed or doing a new final exam or both, depending on what they failed.
Bibliography and resources
See 'Teaching and learning materials' section.