Advanced Practical Theoretical Course for Dental Hygienists
The dental hygienist is key in terms of the promotion of oral health, and plays an important role in all stages of periodontal treatment, from diagnosis, monitoring the risk factors of the disease, non-surgical periodontal treatment, long-term loyalty and oral maintenance.
Dental hygienists are members of the oral health team managing the patient, along with the stomatologist or dentist, and it is essential that they have a broad overview of dentistry to be able to make referrals.
- To update professionals in the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal and periimplant disease.
- To manage specific clinical procedures to resolve cases involving difficult access and technical complexity.
- To review the most important concepts of scaling and root planing.
- To learn the basic concepts of preventative dentistry.
- Medical emergency management, special patient management and medical commitment.
- To provide a comprehensive overview of medical-oral pathologies.
Competencies to be acquired by students
The course is divided into three intensive days and is designed to provide the student with theoretical knowledge, as well as skills based on the clinical practice of the learned concepts.
This course provides tools to organise the treatment and follow-up of periodontal patients by establishing relationships with other dental specialisations.
This course is aimed at dental hygienists.
- Dr. José Nart
- Dra. Neus Carrió
Prerequisites & admissions
- To be a dental hygienist.