Residencia Clínica de Prótesis Bucal
Degree holders in:
- Medicine (with a specialisation in Stomatology)
- 46 ECTS. Clinical Internships in Oral Prosthetics.
The world of dental prosthetics is currently undergoing a revolution thanks to the incorporation of digital systems. The evolution of adhesion techniques and the use of new materials has seen this aspect of dentistry evolve even faster.
The UIC's clinical residency programme in prosthetics is based on the need for dentists to constantly stay up to date on the latest knowledge required for dental prosthetics. The course programme will be offered through digital and traditional methods, focusing on new concepts in minimally invasive dentistry, such as restorative methods based on adhesion or the use of new materials that require less tooth reduction, in addition to covering both fixed and removable traditional prosthetics, which are useful in everyday practice.
Clinical sessions will be held to discuss patient cases that will later be treated in the clinic by students, under the tutelage and with support from encouraging professors who are trained in the latest techniques. There will also be theory seminars, which will start by covering basic and traditional concepts related to fixed tooth-supported prosthetics and removable prosthetics. Later, the theory sessions will advance towards more modern concepts including digital technology, adhesive restoration and new materials and techniques used to produce more modern dental prostheses.
Students on the Clinical Residency in Prosthetics must have the following equipment for the first day of the course:
- Digital reflex camera with macro lens and ring or twin flash or similar without mirror
- Set of mirrors and contrast (black background) for intraoral photography
- 2 phosphor plates for radiological system compatible with CUO systems
- Large mouth openers and separators Small mouth openers and separators
- 3 examination sets: - 1 mirror - 1 forceps - 1 examination and periodontal probe
- 2 anesthesia syringes (Uniject)
- 1 mosquito tweezers
- 1 koher
- Straight scissors
- Semi-adjustable articulator brand Artex
- Turbine Adapter *. Connection
- Midwest (4 holes)
- Against Angle
- Hand piece
- NO need for micromotor
- Instrument box (HuFriendly ref. DIN IMDIN 13)
- Protective glasses Optional: magnifying glasses
- Metal thickness gauge (Ninstrom)
Prerequisites & admissions
Admission tests consist of a weighted assessment of the student’s academic record and personal profile, in addition to an assessment of the student’s motivations and skills through a personal interview.
Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies)*.
- Photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- €90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment.
- (except former UIC undergraduate students).
- CV containing a list of courses and conferences attended.
- Letter/s of recommendation (not compulsory).
*For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**Non-refundable management fees.
Please send your documents to:
Ms. Cristina Junquera
Ms. Paola Lago
Facultad de Odontología
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Edifici Hospital General
Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)