European Master's Degree in Endodontics
The programme's main objective is to prepare professionals with the highest qualifications to diagnose problems of pulpoperiapical origin in addition to finding and implementing the best solution to solve them.
Students will also learn:
To critically analyse the literature, enabling them, once the programme is over, to adapt to changes that specialisation in endodontics will undoubtedly experience.
To teach endodontics in terms of aetiology, pathogenesis, epidemiology and treatment of pulpoperiapical diseases.
To work together with other areas of dentistry.
To undertake research (guided by a teacher).
- This Master's Degree is certified by the European Society of Endodontology (ESE)
Endodontics is a clinical discipline that encompasses teaching microbiology, biology, biomaterials, tissue engineering, epidemiology and clinical techniques to cure or prevent pulpal and pulpoperiapical diseases. The European endodontics programme is designed to train professional dentists and stomatologists in the field of endodontics. The programme prepares participants to run clinical practices, teach or undertake research in endodontics.
The course consists of a theoretical module that addresses topics in clinical endodontics, seminars on classical and contemporary literature review and analysis and the relationship between endodontics and other specialised areas of dentistry, and the study of endodontics clinical cases that involve other areas of specialisation. The programme also addresses more complicated clinical cases such as non-surgical root canal retreatments, endodontic microsurgery, intentional replantation and the reconstruction of endodontically-treated teeth.
Required tools and material
Students must own the following:
- Electronic root apex locator. It can be individual (for example Propex Pixi, Dentsply) or integrated into an endodontic micromotor.
- Electric endodontic micromotor with torque control. Must have the option to be used in continuous rotation and reciprocation motion.
- Rotary material: turbine, micromotor, adaptor (*) and contra angle
- Reflex Camera + Macro Lens 90mm – 100mm + Macro flash anular. The camera must have the option to record video.
- Laptop (minimum requirements for network connection 10/100)
- Dental periapical radiovisiography (Kodak 6000 or similar)
- Elements obturation unit or similar.
- Intraoral mirrors
- X-ray positioning devices
- Ultrasonic tips
- Basic dental instruments (**)
(*) Brand and type of adaptor must be previously confirmed.
(**) To be confirmed.
To access the University Dental Clinic (CUO), the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
- ABELLA SANS, Francesc
- APARICIO BADENAS, Conrado José
- BÓVEDA ALASIA, Carla
- CAMPANTE MOREIRA PRINA, Joao Nuno
- DE ESPAÑA OLIU, Carlota
- DE NOÉ HERNÁNDEZ, Susana
- DONATE VELASCO, Angela
- DORIA JAUREGUÍZAR, Guillermo
- DURÁN-SINDREU TEROL, Fernando Salvador
- ENCINAS RODRÍGUEZ, Marc
- FADÓ ANDRÉS, Rut
- GALTÉS VICENTE, Marta
- GARCÍA FONT, Marc
- GIL MANICH, Víctor
- GIORDANO KELHOFFER, Ana Bárbara
- GÓMEZ ROJAS, Adriana
- GÓMEZ VAL, Gonzalo
- GONZÁLEZ MARRÓN, Adrián
- GONZÁLEZ SÁNCHEZ, José Antonio
- HUGUET CASADES, Josep Maria
- IRAZUSTA HERNANDEZ, Sergio
- LABRACA SERRANO, Patricia
- LÓPEZ CLAVERÍA, María Jesús
- MARFISI NAVA, Karem Sidney
- MAYORAL TRIAS, Maria Angela
- MELERO OLLONARTE, Juan Luis
- MORELLÓ CASTRO, Sergio
- MOREU I PASCUAL, Maria
- MOR REINOSO, Carolina
- OLIVIERI FERNÁNDEZ, Juan Gonzalo
- PARADA MARTÍNEZ, Antoni
- PARELLADA INSA, Ana Maria
- PEÑATE GONZÁLEZ, Lissethe
- PONTE CARDOSO RIBEIRO, Mariana
- POVEDA GALLEGO, Ana
- PRESSEGUÉ JORBA, Carles
- RAMÍREZ SEBASTIÀ, Anaïs
- RICCO PACHECO, Andrea Natalia
- RODRIGUEZ MILLAN, Gustavo Andres
- RUIZ SÁNCHEZ, Xavier Fructuós
- SALOMÓ COLL, Oscar Cosme
- SANGÜESA PUIGVENTÓS, Gemma
- SEIJAS MARCANO, Ramiro Eugenio
- TOMÀS ALIBERAS, Jordi
- VÁZQUEZ DE SOLA FERNÁNDEZ, María Dolores
- VISÚS CAPELL, Violeta
Prerequisites & admissions
- Pre-enrolment form.
- A certified copy of the relevant undergraduate degree*.
- Transcript of grades (original or certified copy)*.
- Photocopy of National Identity Document (DNI) or passport.
- Receipt for payment of €90 by bank transfer**.
- Curriculum vitae with courses and conferences attended.
- Letter/s of recommendation (not obligatory).
*For students from outside the European Union, both the academic record and the degree certificate must be processed through diplomatic channels or bear The Hague Apostille.
Candidates in the last year of their degree programme must provide a list of the qualifications they obtained before their registration date.
**Processing fees are non-refundable
Ms. Cristina Junquera
Ms. Paola Lago
Faculty of Dentistry
International University of Catalonia
Josep Trueta s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
- Personal interview: The personal interview will be carried out with the Master's Coordinator and Director. Academic merits will be valued, as will the ability to work in a team and professional experience.
- Abstract of a scientific article or publication.
Registration: from January onwards.
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.