Máster en Odontopediatría Integral y Hospitalaria
Behaving in a trusting and collaborative way with teaching staff.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Adopting a critical attitude to new information related to paediatric dentistry, detecting what information is objective and scientific.
- Promoting the importance of paediatric dental care.
- Having an appropriate attitude when dealing with young patients who require treatment.
- Acquiring the professional ethics needed to practice this branch of dentistry.
Obtaining the knowledge required to be able to diagnose and propose a treatment plan and prevention plan for paediatric dentistry.
- Knowledge of conservative and surgical dental treatment techniques for paediatric patients.
- Behaviour management techniques for children in the dental surgery.
- The principles governing drug administration in paediatric dentistry, as well as their indications and dosage.
- Knowing how to react to emergencies involving paediatric patients.
- Knowing how to act in other situations that may occur when dealing with paediatric patients.
Psychomotor and audiovisual skills
Practising diagnosis, prevention and treatment techniques on patients.
- Integrating digital photography systems and computer programs into clinical practice to be able to present and monitor clinical cases.
- Involvement in the paediatric dentistry scientific community through active participation in courses, conferences and the Annual Meeting of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Dentistry (SEOP).
- Preclinical and theoretical teaching practice in collaboration with teaching staff from the Master's and students from the Degree in Dentistry.
- Masters in Comprehensive Paediatric Dentistry: 120 ECTS
The oral health of infants, children and adolescents has an impact on the general health of children and the future adult population. It is therefore important for there to be dentists trained in preventing and solving the most frequent oral health problems in the paediatric population.
At the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya we train professionals with a clear objective: training specialists to diagnose, prevent and resolve the most frequent oral problems in the paediatric population with complementary theoretical and practical sessions.
The Master’s in Paediatric Dentistry focuses on new technological advances in treatments for improving patient health. Surgery, interceptive orthodontics and behaviour management are all part of the teaching programme, allowing students to offer comprehensive treatment of child patients.
The Master’s Degree in Paediatric Dentistry is a course that involves a significant period of time in the clinic. You must have the material detailed below to ensure you can complete the course correctly.
General material for daily use
- Windows or Apple laptop
- Keynote or PowerPoint presentation programs
- Memory stick (USB pen drive) with at least 16 GB
The University Dental Clinic (UCD) provides uniforms, but does not provide the surgical caps or footwear required for the clinic. The UCD will provide all the disposable materials required for patient care (alginate, silicone, sutures, gauze, etc.).
To access the CUO, the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
The remaining material consists of:
- Intraoral mirrors and paediatric separators.
- 5 examination kits (mirror, probe and tweezers)
- 5 dental excavators.
- 1 dam perforator + 2 clamp holders + 2 frame arch carriers.
- 2 No. 27 and No. 26 clamps, and 1 No. 212 clamp.
- 1 mixing spatula.
- 4 anaesthetic syringes.
- 2 dental composite spatulas.
- 2 periodontal probes.
- 2 dental mouth openers for children (Molt mouth gag).
- Planmenca phosphate Rx No. 2 (4 pack)(**)
- Digital camera: (e.g. Nikon Camera D7100 + Macro 105 mm + Sigma ring flash EM-140 DG) (e.g. Canon Camera 60D+ Macro Lens 100 mm + Canon annular flash)
- Turbine and Midwest (M4) adapter with 4 outputs*
If you have an articulator, we recommend bringing it with to neuro-occlusal rehabilitation sessions. Students will also require rulers and a geometry set for cephalometric tracing.
(*) For the adapter, please check model and compatibility.
(**) On request.
- ARCOS PALOMINO, Ignacio
- ARTÉS RIBAS, Montserrat
- BORREGO MARTI, Neus
- BOSSY LLUCH, Gabriela
- CHUNG LENG MUÑOZ, Isabel
- DÍEZ SOTO, Sara Alicia
- ESQUEIRA Y SAMPAYO, Ana
- FADÓ ANDRÉS, Rut
- FENOY ILLACER, María del Pilar
- FERRÉS AMAT, Eduard
- FERRÉS AMAT, Elvira
- GARCIA VILLA, Cristina
- GIL MANICH, Víctor
- GONZÁLEZ MARRÓN, Adrián
- GUINOT JIMENO, Francisco Antonio
- HUGUET CASADES, Josep Maria
- LLUCH LLAGOSTERA, Clàudia
- LÓPEZ PANTALEÓN, Lorne Antonio
- MAREQUE BUENO, Javier
- MARFISI NAVA, Karem Sidney
- MARTÍNEZ GÓMEZ, Teresita Patricia
- MAS CASTELLA, Jordi
- MAYORAL TRIAS, Maria Angela
- MUNNÉ MIRALVÉS, Carla
- MUÑOZ PIQUERAS, Laura
- NAVARRO GIL, Noelia
- NINOU CARMONA, Anaïs
- PARADA MARTÍNEZ, Antoni
- PARELLADA INSA, Héctor
- PARRI BONET, Silvia
- PASCUAL LA ROCCA, Andres Matteo
- PEÑATE GONZÁLEZ, Lissethe
- PÉREZ-ALARCÓN BARTRAN, Jorge
- PONTE CARDOSO RIBEIRO, Mariana
- POVEDA GALLEGO, Ana
- REDONDO SANTIAGO, Gemma
- REQUENA MARTÍNEZ, Cristina
- ROCAFORT SÁNCHEZ, Guillermo
- RODRIGUEZ FERNANDEZ, Ines
- RUBIO PALAU, Josep
- SAEZ MARTÍNEZ, Sandra Asunción
- TORRENTS GRAS, Raquel
- VELOSO DURÁN, Ana
- VICENTE VILLA, María Asunción
- VIROLÉS SUÑER, Maria Mercè
- YUSTE BIELSA, Silvia
Prerequisites & admissions
Application for admissions
If you are interested in studying this Clinical Residence, you must do the following:
Fill in the application form which you must request from email@example.com
Send by post or hand in the necessary documentation to the Faculty of Dentistry.
Personal interview: a personal interview will be held with the Master’s programme director and coordinators. Students will be assessed on academic merit, teamwork and professional experience.
Psychometric test: the psychometric test will last between 20 and 30 minutes. The test will be used to assess the abilities and skills of each candidate.
Placement test: the placement test consists of a series of questions on basic paediatric dentistry.
- Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies).
- 1 photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- € 90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment.
- (except former UIC Barcelona undergraduate students).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
*Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
**Non-refundable management fees.
Ms Cristina Junquera
Ms Paola Lago
Faculty of Dentistry
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Hospital Universitari General de Catalunya
Josep Trueta s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.