Máster en Odontopediatría Integral y Hospitalaria Online
Degree holders in:
- Medicine (with a specialisation in Stomatology)
- Behaving in a trusting and collaborative way with teaching staff.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Adopting a critical attitude to new information related to paediatric dentistry, detecting what information is objective and scientific.
- Promoting the importance of paediatric dental care.
- Having an appropriate attitude when dealing with young patients who require treatment.
- Acquiring the professional ethics needed to practice this branch of dentistry.
- Obtaining the knowledge required to be able to diagnose and propose a treatment plan and prevention plan for paediatric dentistry.
- Knowledge of conservative and surgical dental treatment techniques for paediatric patients.
- Behaviour management techniques for children in the dental surgery.
- The principles governing drug administration in paediatric dentistry, as well as their indications and dosage.
- Knowing how to react to emergencies involving paediatric patients.
- Knowing how to act in other situations that may occur when dealing with paediatric patients.
Psychomotor and audiovisual skills
- Practising diagnosis, prevention and treatment techniques on patients.
- Integrating digital photography systems and computer programs into clinical practice to be able to present and monitor clinical cases.
- Involvement in the paediatric dentistry scientific community through active participation in courses, conferences and the Annual Meeting of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Dentistry (SEOP).
- Preclinical and theoretical teaching practice in collaboration with teaching staff from the Master's and students from the Degree in Dentistry.
Introduction to the course
The oral health of infants, children and adolescents has an impact on the general health of children and the future adult population. It is therefore important for there to be dentists trained in preventing and solving the most frequent oral health problems in the paediatric population.
At the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya we train professionals with a clear objective: training specialists to diagnose, prevent and resolve the most frequent oral problems in the paediatric population with complementary theoretical and practical sessions.
The Master’s in Paediatric Dentistry focuses on new technological advances in treatments for improving patient health. Surgery, interceptive orthodontics and behaviour management are all part of the teaching programme, allowing students to offer comprehensive treatment of child patients.
The Master’s Degree in Paediatric Dentistry is a course that involves a significant period of time in the clinic. You must have the material detailed below to ensure you can complete the course correctly.
Students must bring the following materials to the Master’s course:
- Digital camera with macro lens and ring light.
- Windows or Apple laptop computer.
- Rotary instruments: dental turbine, Midwest adapter (M4) with 4 outputs(*), contra-angle, handpiece and micromotor.
(*) For the adapter, please check model and compatibility.
To access the University Dental Clinic (CUO), the student must bring:
- Personal protection face screen
- Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
- ABANTO ÁLVAREZ, Jenny Haydee
- ARCOS PALOMINO, Ignacio
- BOSSY LLUCH, Gabriela
- ESQUEIRA Y SAMPAYO, Ana
- FENOY ILLACER, María del Pilar
- FERRÉS AMAT, Elvira
- GUINOT JIMENO, Francisco Antonio
- LLUCH LLAGOSTERA, Clàudia
- MANTECÓN MAINZ, Rita
- MARFISI NAVA, Karem Sidney
- MARTÍNEZ GÓMEZ, Teresita Patricia
- MUNNÉ MIRALVÉS, Carla
- MUÑOZ PIQUERAS, Laura
- PADRÓ RIPOLL, Roser
- PIERA BURGOS, Sara
- REDONDO SANTIAGO, Gemma
- REQUENA MARTÍNEZ, Cristina
- RODRIGUEZ FERNANDEZ, Ines
- RUBIO PALAU, Josep
- SAEZ MARTÍNEZ, Sandra Asunción
- TRULLÀS ARRAUT, Alexandra
- VARELA ANEIROS, Iván
- VELOSO DURÁN, Ana
- VIROLÉS SUÑER, Maria Mercè
- YUSTE BIELSA, Silvia
Prerequisites & admissions
- Personal interview: a personal interview will be held with the Master’s programme director and coordinator. Students will be assessed on academic merit, teamwork and professional experience.
- Psychometric test: the psychometric test will last between 20 and 30 minutes. The test will be used to assess the abilities and skills of each candidate.
Documentation required for registration
- Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies)*.
- 1 photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- € 90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment (except former UIC Barcelona undergraduate students).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter/s of recommendation.
*For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**Non-refundable management fees.
Ms Cristina Junquera
Ms Paola Lago
Faculty of Dentistry
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Edificio Hospital General
C/ Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona), Spain
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.