Máster en Disfunción Craneomandibular y Dolor Orofacial
- 60 ECTS. Master's Degree in Craniomandibular and Orofacial Pain
This Master's degree aims to provide students with a broad understanding of how to diagnose and treat Craniomandibular dysfunction (CMD) and orofacial pain (OP) by applying diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations and following guidelines from leading scientific institutions and societies in this field of dentistry/medicine, such as the American Academy of Orofacial Pain, the European Academy of Craniomandibular Disorders, the International Headache Society, and the International Association for the Study of Pain.
Craniomandibular dysfunction (CMD) and orofacial pain (OP) are highly prevalent in the general population as these syndromes include a large number of pathologies in the craniomandibular and cervical-scapular region (almost 100% of the population will suffer from OP at some point in their lives). Within CMD and OP, the most significant conditions are craniomandibular/cervical muscle disorders and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, neuropathic/neuralgic orofacial pain (mainly trigeminal neuralgia), and headaches (migraines, tension headache, and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia). In Spain there is currently very little postgraduate training in the field of CMD and OP, and there is currently no full-time, in-person, official or non-official postgraduate course in this discipline of dentistry.
It is also important to mention that one of the main priorities of the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya is research in all areas of knowledge. In this respect, the Master's in CMD and OP focuses on 4 main lines of research:
- Neuropathic and neurovascular pain.
- The importance of psychological factors to temporomandibular joint dysfunction.
- Factors that increase CMD.
- Sleep disorders and oral health.
These lines of research follow current research trends in the foremost scientific institutions in the world in the fields of CMD and OP. One of the objectives of this Master's degree is therefore to encourage scientific curiosity among students by having them prepare literature reviews and plan and carry out clinical studies in some of these areas of research.
- BAGLIVO DUARTE, Luciana Angeles
- BUSQUETS FONT, Esther
- CIURANS MOLIST, Jordi
- EGEA PALMA, Mónica
- ESTELLER MORE, Eduard
- FELIPE SPADA, Natalia
- GARCÍA AMORÓS, Edgar
- GINER SOPENA, Álvaro
- GONZÁLEZ MARRÓN, Adrián
- MASIÀ GRIDILLA, Jordi
- MORELLÓ VICENTE, Antonio
- MOYANO MONTERO, Alejandro
- NAVALÓN CODINA, Feliciana
- NAVARRO GIL, Noelia
- PALACIOS VILCHEZ, Sonia
- PARELLADA INSA, Ana Maria
- PEÑATE GONZÁLEZ, Lissethe
- PÉREZ-ALARCÓN BARTRAN, Jorge
- ROZADILLA SACANELL, Antoni
- RUALES SUAREZ, Gerardo Antonio
- SOLER GOMIS, Enric
- SOTORRA FIGUEROLA, Dídac
- TOMÀS ALIBERAS, Jordi
- VILLARROEL MONTAÑO, Gabriela Andreina
- VILLELA DANTAS, Ana Paula
Prerequisites & admissions
Application for admissions
If you are interested in studying this Master's degree, you must do the following:
Fill in the application form which you must request from email@example.com
Send by post or hand in the necessary documentation to the Faculty of Dentistry.
Personal interview: A personal interview will be held with the Master’s coordinators. Students will be assessed on academic merit, teamwork and professional experience.
Documentació necessàriaRequired documentation
- Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies).
- Photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- € 90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment. (Except former UIC undergraduate students).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter/s of recommendation (not compulsory).
For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**Non-refundable management fees.
Please send your documents to:
Ms Cristina Junquera
Ms Paola Lago
Faculty of Dentistry
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Edifici Hospital General
Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.