Admission and enrolment exchange students

1. Application and Nomination from home university

- Students with an Erasmus+ agreement (Europe), students with a Bilateral agreement (outside Europe) and students in the SICUE Programme: “Nomination” from your university by e-mail to UIC Barcelona:

Your home university officially informs the International Relations Service that you have been granted an international mobility place at UIC Barcelona. Your university should send us an e-mail with the following information:

  • Name and surname(s)
  • Exchange period (Semester 1, Semester 2 or annual)
  • Faculty (area of study)
  • Contact e-mail

- Visiting students (without an exchange agreement with UIC Barcelona):

Inform UIC Barcelona about your interest via e-mail. The first thing you should do is send an e-mail to the International Relations Service informing them about your interest in studying for a short period at UIC Barcelona.

ATTENTION! In either case, the e-mail should be sent to the corresponding e-mail address, depending on your area of study:
Business Administration and Management
Communication Sciences
School of Architecture

2. Information Pack

Once we have received the nomination, or once you have expressed your interest as a visiting student, you will receive an e-mail from the International Relations Service with our Information Pack. In it, you will find all the information you need to apply, including the course offer. If you have any questions or wish to receive information beforehand, you can always contact the International Relations Service!

3. UIC Barcelona acceptance letter

Once you have submitted the required documentation and your profile on Relint 3.0 has been completed, you will receive an acceptance letter from UIC Barcelona by e-mail.

ATTENTION! If you are from a country outside the EU, you will need to apply for a student visa from the Spanish consulate or embassy in your country. If, to do so, you need the acceptance letter in advance by e-mail or post, please contact the International Relations Service as soon as possible.

You are the only person responsible for this procedure. Be sure to contact your home university or any institution that may help you, such as the Spanish consulates or embassies in your country.

4. Learning/Training Agreement

In the Information Pack, you will also receive the academic offer in your designated faculty. You will also receive the contact of the academic coordinator(s), who will help you with the course selection, or the necessary information for your traineeship.

5. Enrolment and payment

You will be officially enrolled following your arrival at UIC Barcelona, after the Welcome Session. At this point, you will be required to pay the cost of your programme, if applicable:

a. Students with an Erasmus+ agreement (Europe):
Free of charge at UIC Barcelona. You will have to pay the cost of your studies at your home university.

b. Students with a Bilateral agreement (outside Europe, without an Erasmus+ agreement):
Free of charge at UIC Barcelona. You will have to pay the cost of your studies at your home university.

c. Visiting Students or “freemovers” (without an exchange agreement):
The total cost of your studies at UIC Barcelona will depend on the total number of ECTS credits you choose. Please see the price reference per ECTS credit, academic year and faculty for an estimate of the cost. You will receive instructions on how to make payment at the secretary’s office of your faculty. There are several ways of doing so in Barcelona and abroad.

6. University card

You may apply for your card online after registering and obtaining your UIC Barcelona credentials (user and password for the intranet and university e-mail address). To request it, log into your personal Intranet via the university homepage.

Find out what it is used for, what advantages it has and how to request the UIC Barcelona Student Card.