It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors of the Doctoral School to establish the mechanisms and procedures for the design, implementation, development, follow-up and continuous improvement of the Internal Quality Assurance System of the Centre (SGIC).
Within the framework of these functions, you must:
- Appoint the members of the Quality Assurance Committee for the Doctoral School.
- Approve the improvement actions proposed by the Quality Assurance Committee for the Doctoral School, as well as the follow-up and accreditation reports to be sent to the Autonomous Quality Agency.
- Prepare a comprehensive report on the results obtained in the evaluation and follow-up carried out by the Quality Assurance Committee for the Doctoral School and to report to the results to the Board of Governors.
- Attend to the suggestions and resolve complaints and resources that may be presented in matters of doctorate against the decisions of the bodies responsible for the doctorates, especially those affecting admission to doctoral programmes and the evaluation of student performance.
- To ensure compliance with these regulations and to propose modifications that, if necessary, will be approved by the Board of Governors.
The Director of the Doctoral School is responsible for the Internal Quality Assurance System.
- Establish necessary procedures for:
- Guaranteeing the control of the activities document for each doctoral candidate and the certifications of the respective doctoral candidate.
- Ensuring the proper development and analysis of mobility programmes.
- Ensuring public information on doctoral programmes.
- Preparing the annual report for the Board of Directors of the Doctoral School, reflecting on and providing global data on the development of the various doctoral programmes and the management of the Academic Committees; evaluation and updating of directors and tutors; and results and assessment of the indicators needed for monitoring and accreditation.
- Preparing the annual report of the Director of the School for the Quality Assurance Committee as the person responsible for the good practices of the Doctoral School in which the results of the complaints, complaints and suggestions received, including those of the Catalan Ombudsman, will be collected.