What is it?
UIC Barcelona offers you the chance of studying a double degree in Primary Education and Humanities and Cultural studies. This double degree is a unique opportunity that allows you to have a wider range of possibilities in the labor market, and particularly focused on your especially as a teacher. With the double degree you will be able to teach in:
- Primary and High School
- Subjects in Social and Human Sciences modalities in baccalaureate.
- Common subjects in baccalaureate.
Reasons to study this degree
- The first double degree of its kind in Catalonia. Broaden your horizons and increase your chances for success in the job market. Earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education in four years, and, with just one more year, you can earn a second Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities and Cultural Studies.
- More job opportunities This qualification will allow you to teach classes under the category of social and human sciences in Primary schools and Spanish Compulsory Education (ESO). You will also be able to teach subjects common to all branches of upper secondary education.
- Active, innovative methodologies Your studies will include robotics, gamification or flipped classrooms. You can also participate in seminars, workshops and study groups, among other activities.
- More than 500 hours of work experience Access more than 2.100 centres accredited for work placements by the Department of Teaching in the Catalan Government. You can also do placements in private national and international schools.
- Agreements with institutions abroad: Agreements with institutions in Finland, Germany, the United States, France and Argentina, as well as other countries.
They are already studying it
“I chose Humanities because that’s what I most like to study”.
“A lot of degree programmes should be Humanities-based”.