Double Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education + Humanities and Cultural Studies
*Subject to review each year
*This price takes into account the grant that covers 50% of the Bachelor's Degree in Humanities
Gain the best skills to do your job well
Complement your academic experience with the professional world
Discover the career opportunities for these studies
The combination of both degrees opens the doors to broader job markets, especially concerning your specialisation as a teacher. With this double degree you can teach:
- Primary and Secondary education
- Upper secondary education Humanities and Social Science subjects
- Common subjects for all upper secondary education
Professors and lecturers who make good teachers
The teaching team in the Faculty of Education consists of professionals who train future teachers using the most innovative methodologies. They are also involved in important research activities both inside and outside the university. Direct contact with professional practice allows our professors and lecturers to transmit a comprehensive, multidisciplinary and human overview of the reality in the sector to students.
Double degrees at Iona College (NY) and summer courses at Berkeley
Study a degree that will allow you to acquire an international profile and study at one of the most renowned universities in the United States to step up your education and progress in your knowledge of other languages. You can also get part of your ECTS during the summer at the Berkeley Summer Sessions, the best public university in the world.
UIC Barcelona offers you the opportunity to take our Double Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education and Humanities and Cultural Studies and take advantage of the plan to validate subjects common to both degree courses.
It is a unique opportunity to expand your job prospects, especially with regards to your specialisation as a teacher. With this double degree course you will be able to teach:
- In primary and secondary schools
- Social science and humanities subjects in upper secondary education
- Subjects taught in all types of baccalaureate/upper secondary education courses (Philosophy and Citizenship, Catalan Language and Literature, Spanish Language and Literature).
Further your education with a view to pursuing a career in the teaching world or in diverse sectors such as culture (museums, art galleries, publishing, heritage and cultural tourism, community centres, cultural centres, town governments, foundations), organisations (NGOs, development projects, integration and mediation, international cooperation), communication and business and research, among others.
We teach you based on objectives. The Bachelor's Degree will provide:
- A sound command of all applicable course content. Always from a global perspective.
- Techniques to ensure peaceful co-existence in the classroom through emotional education and autonomy. Promotion of effort, constancy and discipline.
- Knowledge of how language develops in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Out-of-classroom skills relating to school organisation, tutoring sessions for parents or your relationship with other education agents. Preparation for the demands of today's society.
- Sensitivity to diversity and gender equality. Respect for human rights and civic values.
- The ability to introduce students to the digital world and add cultural richness through new pedagogical possibilities.
- Valuing cooperative work, a critical spirit and responsibility in relation to a sustainable future.
Competences of graduates
Your competences are what set you apart as a teacher who is useful to society.
Mastery of information technology and communication, languages (Catalan, Spanish, English), developed critical thinking and reflective analysis, the ability to be creative.
Expertise in the subjects you teach and the teaching methods you employ, ability to work with colleagues and other staff members, professional development.
Competences you will develop through a number of diverse methods such as lectures, case studies, problem solving and problem-based, project-oriented, cooperative and independent learning.
At UIC Barcelona we will assess your competences through: objective exams, assignments and projects, portfolios, reports, self-evaluation, interviews, etc.
Double Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education, Humanities and Cultural Studies.
- AGUSTIN BRETOS, Susana
- ALBAREDA TIANA, Sílvia
- AMORES BARGAY, Joan
- BAKER, Martyn Russell
- BALAGUER FÀBREGAS, Maria Carmen
- CAMPAMÀ TUBAU, Joan
- CAMPS BANSELL, Jaime
- CARBALLO MARQUEZ, Anna
- CARLET, Angélica
- CARR MILIO, Tomas Joaquin
- CERRATO LARA, Maria
- DOMINGO COSCOLLOLA, Maria
- DOMÍNGUEZ BERNÚS, Alejandro
- FERNÁNDEZ ELORDUY, Ainhoa
- FRANCO DUEÑAS, Ismael
- FUENTES LOSS, Mariana
- FUERTES CAMACHO, Maria Teresa
- GARCÍA ELVIRA, Virginia
- GELPI FLETA, Paula
- GONZÁLEZ ACEVEDO, Nathaly
- GONZALEZ PÉREZ, Laura
- GOTSENS BELLART, Mª Teresa
- GRAELL MARTIN, Mariona
- GRAU GRAU, Marc
- GUTIÉRREZ SIERRA, Andreu
- HOWES, Christina Angela
- JIMÉNEZ LÓPEZ, Esther
- KNIGHT, Janine Gwendolyn
- KUNDE, Karolin
- LUNA BROSA, Maria Cristina
- MAESTRE GÓMEZ, Maria Victòria
- MIRÓ COMAS, Abel
- MOYA RUIZ, Albert
- OLIVA MARTÍNEZ, Francisco-Javier
- PÉREZ LUQUE, Julia
- PLANAS BOADA, Eulalia
- PONS MUDARRA, Cristina
- PUIG VOLTAS, Jordi
- PUJOL VALLS, Maria
- RAVENTÓS DOMÈNECH, Santiago
- RODRÍGUEZ PRAT, Andrea Mercedes
- ROIG MARZÁ, Alberto
- ROQUET PUGÈS, Helena
- SCOTT, Yolanda Isabel
- SEGURA MOLLÀ, Marta
- SEGURA RODRÍGUEZ, Cristina
- TINTORÉ ESPUNY, Mireia
- TUSET MATEU, Mª Teresa
- VERDERA ALBIÑANA, Asunción
- VIDAL RAMÉNTOL, Salvador
- AFFLECK, Katrina
- BARÓ QUERALT, Xavier
- BASTONS PRAT, Miquel
- BERMEJO GREGORIO, Jordi
- BERNAUS VIDAL, Magdalena
- BOSCH RABELL, Magdalena
- CAVALLOTTI, Rita
- CORCÓ JUVIÑÁ, Josep
- CRISPÍ CANTON, Marta
- CURIEL LÓPEZ-CEPERO, Martín Andrés
- DA CUNHA FANEGO, Iria
- ELRAZZAZ ELRAZZAZ, Mohammed Hassan
- FERNÁNDEZ BORSOT, Gabriel
- FUENTES MILA, Sergio
- GALI PEREZ, Hortensia
- GARÍ DE BARBARÀ, Xavier
- GILABERT VICIANA, Gastón
- GINÉS BLASI, Mònica
- GUZMÁN ALMAGRO, Alexandra
- HERNANDEZ SERRET, Joan
- JIMÉNEZ YÁÑEZ, Ricardo María
- LLOP MANGAS, Iris
- MASSANA MAS, Sergi
- MIRÓ COMAS, Abel
- MOYA RUIZ, Albert
- PASCUAL BUENO, Ernesto Manuel
- PONS PUJOL, Luis
- RAMÍREZ SIMON, Wendy Maria
- RENAU ALEJANDRO, Vera
- ROBLES FITÓ, Alexandre
- ROMERO MULERO, Pablo
- STANGER, Doris
- SWINNEN, Ann
- TORRAS BENEZET, Núria
- TORRES MORALES, Bernat
- URBANO LORENTE, Judith
- VALLÈS BOTEY, Teresa
- VALLS ALECHA, Esteve
Prerequisites & admissions
Grants & financial aid
What is the Aptitude Test?
The Personal Aptitude Test (in Spanish, “PAP”) is a compulsory test in order to enter Pre-Primary and Primary Education Bachelor's degrees in all the universities within the Catalan university system. It consists of two tests that evaluate communicative competence and critical reasoning and logical-mathematical competence.
Why do I need to take the Personal Aptitude Test?
As a teacher, a sense of vocation is essential, because you will become an example to follow in terms of attitudes and values, you will educate and teach people who will become the society of tomorrow. However, it is also crucial to show that you have the necessary skills to become a teacher. It is essential to pass this test, as well as the Spanish national university entrance exams (PAU), in order to be able to enter the Education Bachelor's Degrees.
How is the Personal Aptitude Test scored?
The final mark for your Personal Aptitude Test will be a Pass or a Fail.
You pass the test if you gain a final mark equal to or above five out of ten. This final mark is calculated from the average for the two tests. Once you have passed it, the Personal Aptitude Test is valid indefinitely.
When can I sit the Personal Aptitude Test?
There are two sittings:
- Saturday, April 10
- Friday, July 16 (special sitting)
You can find out more about the enrolment dates and process here.
The results of the Personal Aptitude Test are published on the government site Portal d'accés a la universitat.
Who has to take the Personal Aptitude Test?
- Spanish Baccalaureate students.
- Spanish Higher Level Vocational Training students.
- Students coming from any education system other than Spain.
- Students who are entering the Education Bachelor's degrees through an academic record transfer.
- Students who are applying to university via the specific entrance exams for 25s, over 40s or over 45s.
- Students who, having sat the Spanish national university entrance exams (PAU) exams or the specific entrance exams for over 25s or 45s before 2017, have not met the requirements of the Personal Aptitude Test set out for pre-enrolment in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Who is exempt from taking the Personal Aptitude Test?
- Students who have passed their PAP tests (personal aptitude tests) in 2017, 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- Students from years prior to 2017 who met the PAP test criteria as set out for pre-registration at university in 2014, 2015 and 2016*.
- Holders of a university degree or equivalent.
If I fail the Personal Aptitude Test in April, can I take it again in July?
You can take the test as many times as you like. However, please bear in mind that if you pass it in the special sitting in July, you will not have your place reserved for the programme chosen in your pre-enrolment in June. However, if you have taken the entrance exams to study at the UIC Barcelona Faculty of Education, you have passed them and you have reserved a place, we will keep your place for you until you find out the results of the July Personal Aptitude Test.
How can I study for the Personal Aptitude Test?
You need to study for the exam individually, using the test models available on the website Universitats.gencar.cat. You can also find out here how we can help you from the UIC Barcelona Faculty of Education.
Education degree entrance exam preparation course
On-site course aimed at reinforcing logical-mathematical and communicative competences. The content and exercises will be similar to those the participants will find on the Personal Aptitude Test (PAP). Class will take place in the Faculty of Education.
Price: €180 (this amount will be deducted from the cost of tuition)
Virtual classes schedule:
- Monday, 6 to 9 p.m. - Logical-mathematical competences
- Wednesday, 6 to 9 p.m. - Communicative competences
- First sitting: From March 1 to April 7, 2021 *.
- Second sitting: From June 28 to July 14, 2021.*
* There will be no classes due to the Easter holidays from 29/03 to 05/04.
Study abroad temporarly
As a student in this degree programme, you may complete part of your degree or a work experience placement abroad and receive academic recognition.
Spend a semester or a full academic year at one of your Faculty’s partner universities or find a company abroad to do an internship. You may also:
- Attend the Berkeley Summer Sessions (extracurricular activity) the world’s best public university.
For information about everything you need to do before, during and after your mobility stay, check out the "Study abroad" section and download all the documentation specific to your Faculty:
Study with us temporarily
If you are studying at another Spanish or foreign university, you can come to UIC Barcelona to study temporarily for one semester or a full academic year.
Visit the “International exchange students site” for more information and, download here all the specific documentation of this faculty: