Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism
Our numbers speak for themselves
In direct contact with the profession from the beginning
Prepare for more job opportunities
At UIC Barcelona, we teach you the skills necessary to successfully adapt to the job market.
- TV presenter
- Radio journalist
- Reporter and correspondent
- Head of Press
- Institutional Communicator
- Research Journalist
- Multimedia content creator
- Network information management expert
- Political communication adviser
- Journalist at a communication office
Professors and lecturers with long experience in the communication sector
The Faculty’s teaching body consists of lecturers and professors who are also active in the private sector and who have long experience in the audiovisual, journalism and advertising sectors. The teaching staff are all in direct contact with the daily reality of this profession, since they combine their executive roles in the media with teaching in the Faculty. This allows students to achieve an education that is at the cutting-edge of the sector, that facilitates work placements and allows for greater labour insertion. Also, the teaching staff have extensive research experience at both a national and international level acquired through visits to and exchanges with other universities.
With this degree, you can study part of the curriculum or do your internship abroad, with academic recognition
Participate during one semester or year at one of your faculty's partner universities, or search for a business abroad for your internship.
In the Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism at UIC Barcelona, we create communication professionals capable of working in today’s media context, without losing sight of the social function of journalism or ethical values. We help students master new technologies and digital tools, ensuring they are able to meet the profession’s current challenges in any medium or format.
This degree is intended for anyone interested in pursuing a career in communication, whether as a writer of journalistic information in any medium (radio broadcaster, television presenter, print journalist, community manager for digital media...) or in media or media company management. Some of the practical tasks assigned in this degree programme include writing news stories for written press, performing a radio broadcast in English and editing a documentary.
Our academic project, through work in small groups and quality teaching, helps maximise student performance. To this end, we have a committed teaching staff made up of both academics dedicated to teaching and research and prestigious journalists who work at some of the biggest media companies in television, radio and press.
We also offer students the opportunity to gain work experience at some of the industry’s most renowned companies, giving them initial contact with the professional world and helping them acquire the skills necessary for a successful transition to the job market. TV3, Telecinco, La Vanguardia, El Periódico, Cadena SER, Radio Cope and Catalunya Ràdio are just some of the over 120 organisations with which we hold a work placement agreement.
In addition, UIC Barcelona’s adaptation to the Bologna Process enables students to work as journalists anywhere in the European Higher Education Area.
Our main aim is to create excellent journalists, with the skills necessary to work in today’s new media scenario. With this principle in mind, our model focuses on achieving a series of objectives:
- To create responsible professionals who are fully aware of the social aspects of journalism.
- To provide students a high-quality general education that takes into account the profession’s ethical values.
- To foster an enterprising spirit and business perspective.
- To help students acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to comfortably handle the new media context and undertake communication projects that are adapted to the characteristics of this scenario.
- To shape professionals with an international view of journalism, who are able develop professionally in a global context.
- To provide students the skills required to work flexibility and competently in any media company.
Anyone who fulfils the admission requirements and general prerequisites for access to the degree programme is eligible to apply. Most of our students have a background in humanities or social sciences, though students from all academic backgrounds are welcome.
This degree is intended for anyone who feels that journalism is their calling and wants to pursue a career in this sector. We are looking for driven students who are eager to learn and investigate; responsible people who are critically aware, analytical and enterprising, who know how to work as a team, are interested in current affairs and want to grow as communication professionals.
Students will develop a series of general and specific competences that will enable them to work successfully as a communication professional in today’s media context.
Job opportunities for programme graduates include:
Writer of journalistic information for any medium:
- Television: writer, reporter, editor, presenter, correspondent, scriptwriter and director.
- Radio: writer, editor, broadcaster, presenter, correspondent, commentator, scriptwriter and director.
- Written press: writer, correspondent, section editor, editor and editor-in-chief.
- Non-daily publications, magazines and weeklies: writer, correspondent, editor and director.
- Social media expert-community manager: responsible for tasks such as managing the corporate blog or social media...
- Web page manager.
Media company management:
- Corporate communication departments and offices.
- Press officer or head of institutional communication.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from UIC Barcelona.
With this degree, thanks to UIC Barcelona's adaptation to the Bologna Process, students can work as a journalism professional anywhere in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- ALONSO MARCOS, Felipe
- BAKER, Martyn Russell
- BARATECH PENINA, Maria Teresa
- BONET BAGANT, Maria Neus
- BUHIGAS CARDÓ, Pere
- BUIL GAZOL, Maria Pilar
- CANO CASTELLS, Francesc
- CLAVELL CORBERA, Ferran
- DEL CACHO RIVERA, José Ignacio
- DIESTE GARCIA, Marina
- DORIA ALBURQUERQUE, Sergio
- FERNÁNDEZ MORENO, Ana Aitana
- GONZALEZ BERNET, German
- GONZALEZ CALDERÓN, Carlos
- GRÀCIA MERCADÉ, Carla
- GUINOVART FORTUNY, Laura
- HERNANDEZ SERRET, Joan
- JIMÉNEZ REMACHA, Ana
- JUSTEL VÁZQUEZ, Santiago
- LACASA MAS, Iván
- LAMELO VARELA, Carlos
- LLOBET BARRACHINA, Marc
- MCKENZIE, Peter
- MIRÓ COMAS, Abel
- MONTUENGA RÍOS, Rocío
- MORALES SOLANA, Doris
- NARBERHAUS MARTINEZ, Marta
- OLIVA CAMPS, Hector
- ORTEGA DURAN, Mireia
- PAMPÍN GARCÍA, Cristina
- PARRAMON ALCALDE, Marc
- PELLICER COLILLAS, Ramon
- PEREZ HERRERA, Gema
- RAMÍREZ SIMON, Wendy Maria
- REDONDO FUSTÉ, Marc
- REGADERA GONZALEZ, Elisa
- RIGALL COROMINAS, Montserrat
- ROBERT I AGELL, Francesc
- ROCA TRENCHS, Nuria Candela
- RODRIGUEZ IGLESIAS, Ana Isabel
- RUIZ TADA, Marina
- SALICHS PEREZ, Elio Antonio
- SALMON CABELLO, Alejandro
- SÁNCHEZ COSTA, Fernando
- SEBRIÀ MARSOL, Kilian
- SERRA FOLCH, Carolina
- SOLÉ RODRÍGUEZ, Sergi
- SORRIBAS FIERRO, Mario
- SWINNEN, Ann
- VALLE MOREA, Nicolás
- VINCZE, Laura
Per a la formació completa de l’alumne és fonamental el contacte amb el món laboral. UIC Barcelona té convenis de pràctiques amb un gran nombre d’empreses d’àmbit nacional i internacional per a cadascuna de les seves titulacions. En el cas del Grau en Periodisme, destaquem les següents:
The main aim of the work placements is for students to come into contact with the world of journalism and acquire all the skills necessary to successfully adapt to the labour market. Also, the work placement environment is ideal to apply the concepts learned in class.
At the UIC we connect with student’s professional futures and place a wide range of companies from the sector at their disposal for work placements. Likewise, we undertake individual monitoring to ensure that the objectives marked out are achieved in terms of the tasks to be undertaken, learning, assimilation of knowledge and the acquisition of competences.
All updated information regarding the specific organisation and regulations of work placements can be found in the Course Guide for the subject on each degree programme.
The professional opportunities this degree will offer you include:
- Director: radio, television and written press.
- Scriptwriter: television and radio.
- Writer: television, radio, written press, publications, magazines, internet, news agencies, etc.
- Reporter: television, radio, written press, publications, magazines, internet, news agencies, etc.
- Editor: television, radio, written press, publications, magazines, multimedia content, news agencies, etc.
- Presenter: radio and television.
- Correspondent: television, radio and written press.
- Commentator: radio and television.
Press officer or head of institutional communication.
- Corporate communication departments and offices.
- Research and teaching.
- Coolhunting (trend spotting).
- Media consultant.
- Website manager.
- Publishing jobs.
- ENG professional.
- Advertising and design agencies.
- Production companies.
- Fashion and trends industry communication.
Prerequisites & admissions
Grants & financial aid
Study abroad temporarily
As a student in this degree programme, you may complete part of your degree or a work experience placement abroad and receive academic recognition.
Spend a semester or a full academic year at one of your Faculty’s partner universities or find a company abroad to do an internship. You may also:
- Berkeley Summer Sessions, the world’s best public university; or
- Obtain an international double degree at IONA College (New York).
- Participate in the SICUE mobility programme (in Spain)
For information about everything you need to do before, during and after your mobility stay, check out the "Study abroad" section and download all the documentation specific to your Faculty:
Study with us
Study with us temporarily
If you are studying at another Spanish or foreign university, you can come to UIC Barcelona to study temporarily for one semester or a full academic year.
Visit the international exchange students site for more information and, download here all the specific documentation of this faculty: