FAQs about the Faculty of Education at UIC Barcelona

1. Can I enrol for more than one specialisation?

Yes, you can enrol for a specialisation in fourth year and do the other specialisation over a semester. Therefore you will obtain your qualification in Education including two specialisations in four and a half years.

2. Can I take the double degree? How much time does it take?

After obtaining your qualification in Pre-Primary or Primary Education you can enrol for a second qualification in education and obtain your double degree over five academic years or take the double degree in Primary Education and Humanities and Cultural Studies.

Over the four years you are taking your first degree your classes will be in the morning, between Monday and Thursday from 8.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. In fifth year, during which you might be working in a school, you have to attend class from 6-9 p.m. between Monday and Friday. While undertaking your work placements you will attend school during full school hours.

3. What level of Catalan and Spanish must I have to be able to take this degree at the Faculty of Education?

To start the degree you must have a C1 level in both languages.

4. If I want to take the bilingual programme, what level of English must I have?

You should start the degree with a B2 level, however if you are close to achieving this you can make sure you do so during your first year, through the support you will receive from the English Language 1 subject which is taught during the second semester.

5. How many work placements will I be offered?

Work placements are essential in terms of training a teacher. In our Education degrees there are three work placement periods. We hold agreements with state, private and semi-private schools in Catalonia, the rest of Spain and abroad. In second year you will spend three weeks on a work placement, in third year a month and a half, and in your last year you will do a three month work placements. These work placements will be carried out during normal school hours.

6. What is a sexual crimes certificate and how do I get one?

This is a document that is required for all people who work in contact with minors. Education students must provide one as soon as possible before they enrol for 2nd year so they can go on their work placement. Subsequently the schools where you undertake your work placement will also ask you for this document.

With your electronic ID card and your PIN you should be able to get one from any computer that has a DNI reader on it (you can find one in any public library). You can access the Ministry of the Interior’s website via this link: