- To provide rigorous, innovative training to health professionals working in urgent and emergency care both in and outside hospital settings.
- To teach students the fundamentals of urgent and emergency care and introduce them to the operation, actions plans, resources and procedures of the main emergency medical services.
- To help students develop the competences necessary to provide assistance in mass casualty incidents, out of hospital births and situations that require paediatric and neonatal resuscitation.
- To enhance the health worker’s capacity to teach and perform research.
- To ensure that all master’s degree participants know how to perform advanced resuscitation on adult patients and care for multiple trauma victims.
Reasons to study this master's degree
- Official qualification recognised throughout the European Higher Education Area
- Participants will also earn other specific certificates: Certificate in Advanced Life Support and certificate in Advanced Trauma Life Support, issued by the Catalan Resuscitation Council and the European Resuscitation Council; certificate in Mass Casualty Incident Command, issued by TASSICA Emergency, Training & Research
- This programme will help holders of an undergraduate degree in medicine or nursing develop the competences necessary to work in urgent and emergency care both in and outside hospital settings.
- University Master’s Degree in Urgent and Emergency Care from UIC Barcelona.