Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
Become a psychologist of the future
Work in renowned hospitals, businesses and clinical centres
Prepare for more career opportunities
With the Degree in Psychology you will have a wide range of career options.
- PIR (Resident Psychologist)
- Private Sector or Healthcare Third Sector Psychologist
- Social Researcher
- Human Resources/Business Consultant
- Third Sector Technician (Master's in Social, Community and International Cooperation Psychology)
- Social Work Adviser
- Physical Activity and Sports Psychology
- Criminologist, Forensic and Penal Psychologist
- Educational Guidance Counsellor
- Learning Disorder Psychologist
- Speech Therapist
- Work Guidance and Training
- Teacher at Education Centres
- Teacher for Adults
Professors and lecturers active in their field with multidisciplinary experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with three ingredients: scientific rigour, guidance for professional practice and comprehensive education for students
In a social environment in which psychological help is increasingly required, the Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from UIC Barcelona will help professionals acquire the scientific knowledge that is necessary to analyse, understand, interpret and explain human behaviour.
This degree also allows students to learn basic skills and abilities in the university’s own Psychology Clinic where they will evaluate and intervene at an individual and social level throughout the life cycle. The purpose of this is to promote and improve people’s health and quality of life and prevent physical and mental illnesses through specific interventions. There are four specialisations to choose from: General, Health Psychology, Educational Psychology and Business and Organisations Psychology.
Reasons to take this Bachelor’s Degree at UIC Barcelona. Observation of real cases from the first year in our own clinic
UIC Barcelona has its own Psychology and Psychiatry clinic (SUPPORT), for our Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
The curricular design ensures that subjects which are closely related to each other are linked through shared practical cases and a high number of workshops in small groups.
Higher education guidance
Preparation for the official PIR exam from first year onwards and access to master’s degrees in the various specialisations.
Campuses and multidisciplinary team
You will study on our Healthcare Campus, in a hospital and multidisciplinary university environment.You will also receive an interdisciplinary qualification, learning alongside teams of doctors, nurses, dentists, and physiotherapists.
Anyone who fulfils the admission requirements and general prerequisites for access to the degree programme may apply.. On the other hand, the following skills should also be underlined:
- An interest in helping people and the community
- Emotional balance and empathy
- The ability to self-reflect and be self-critical
- The ability to observe, analyse and synthesise
- Responsibility and a strong work ethic
- The ability to organise and plan
- An interest in research
- The ability to work in a team and cooperate with other professionals
Objectives and competences achieved by outgoing students
- You will acquire the knowledge that defines and organises psychology into a scientific discipline, including its theories, methods and areas of application. Additionally, you will learn how to apply it in order to identify and resolve problems in the field of psychology.
- You will be able to work in a general professional context and join Master’s degree programmes that will provide you with a more advanced education aimed at academic, professional or research specialisation in the area of psychology.
- You will gather and interpret significant data on human, individual and social behaviour within the context it is produced in, in order to issue judgements about problems that are psychological in nature.
- You will obtain psychology-specific competences that promote the mental health of individuals and social groups, and address physical and mental illness through specific interventions.
- You will be capable of transmitting ideas and solutions on issues related to human behaviour, for both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- You will learn how to tackle educational and professional activities based on respect for the profession’s ethical code, which, among other more specific items, includes the principal of respecting and promoting people’s fundamental human rights, equality, the principle of universal access for all people and the democratic values of a culture of peace.
- You will acquire an anthropological grounding that will allow you to always interact in an ethical way with people, families and other professionals while taking human dignity into account in all situations.
All of these objectives will be achieved through the deployment of the basic, general, cross-disciplinary and specific competences acquired through the Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. The Bachelor’s degree allows you to take general psychology classes or specialise in one of the following three areas: Health Psychology, Educational Psychology or Business and Organisational Psychology.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- AGUSTINA SANLLEHÍ, Asunción
- ALEGRET LLORENS, Maria Monserrat
- ALONSO STUYCK, Paloma
- ALONSO-VILLAVERDE LACASA, Cristina
- ARAGAY VICENTE, Nuria
- ARBÓS VIA, Maria Antònia
- BÁRBARA SIRERA, Marta
- BARDERA ECHEVERRÍA, Helena
- BATLLORI DE RIBOT, Blanca
- BERROZPE BLASCO, Adela
- BLANCH BORRAS, Clara Eugenia
- CARBALLO MARQUEZ, Anna
- CARDONA SALES, Sara
- CARIDE PADILLA, Cristian
- CASADEMUNT MATEU, Claudia
- CASTELLANO PALMA, Jose Javier
- CILVETI PORTILLO, Robert
- CRESPO MARTIN, Iris
- DEAL, Mandy Lee
- DEUSTUA CARAVEDO, Maria Cecilia
- DÍAZ DEL ÁLAMO, Maria del Carmen
- DÍAZ MENÉNDEZ, Begoña
- DOMÈNECH I GARCIA, Georgina
- DURALL RIVAS, Maria Eulalia
- ESCRIBANO LÓPEZ, Francesc Xavier
- ESPINOSA CARDIEL, Ana
- EZQUERRO RIQUELME, Neus
- FERNÁNDEZ CAPO, Maria
- FERNÁNDEZ MENASSÉ, Sergio Gustavo
- GÁMIZ SANFELIU, María Guadalupe
- GARCÍA FORERO, Carlos
- GARCÍA LEÓN, Nuria
- GARCÍA LÓPEZ, Cristina
- GARCÍA PALACIOS, Azucena
- GAROLERA FREIXA, María Teresa
- GARRIDO GARCÍA, Gemma
- GÁRRIZ VERA, Miguel
- GÓMEZ DURÁN, Esperanza Luisa
- GOMMON, Natalie
- LACORTE TIERZ, Pilar
- LUNA BROSA, Maria Cristina
- MALET VILADOMIU, María
- MARTÍNEZ SÁNCHEZ, Jose María
- MARTÍN FUMADÓ, Carles
- MASDEU MARGALEF, Maria Jose
- MENEGHEL, Isabella
- MIRÓ COMAS, Abel
- MORALES BENITO, Isabel
- MORENO MORENO, Mercedes
- MULEY VILAMÚ, Helena
- OLLÉ VALLS, Jordina
- ORTEGA LINARES, Gema
- ORTIZ I MIGUEL, Sara
- PALACIOS VILCHEZ, Sonia
- PAMIAS MASSANA, Montserrat
- PATRAS, Luminita
- PERELLÓ DRAPER, Helena
- PÉREZ BELLMUNT, Albert
- PÉREZ BONAVENTURA, Iris
- PUJALS ALTÉS, Elena
- PUJOL SERRA, Susana Maria
- RAMI PINA, Anna
- RAMÍREZ DÍAZ-MONIS, Paloma
- RAMOS GRILLE, Irene
- RECODER FERNÁNDEZ, Silvia Alicia
- ROSSY PARÉS, Clàudia
- SANTACANA JUNCOSA, Martí
- SANTIGOSA CEBRIAN, Montserrat
- SOLER ROCA, Ana
- TITSCH COCA, Ana Maria
- TOST BONET, Meritxell
- VALLES CALLOL, Vicenç
- VAZQUEZ RIOS, Alejandra
- VIZCAÍNO RAKOSNIK, Marta
Prerequisites & admissions
Grants & financial aid
Study abroad temporarily
As a student in this degree programme, you may complete part of your degree or a work experience placement abroad and receive academic recognition.
Spend a semester or a full academic year at one of your Faculty’s partner universities or find a company abroad to do an internship. You may also:
- Attend the Berkeley Summer Sessions (extracurricular activity) the world’s best public university.
For information about everything you need to do before, during and after your mobility stay, check out the "Study abroad" section and download all the documentation specific to your Faculty:
Study with us temporarily
If you are studying at another Spanish or foreign university, you can come to UIC Barcelona to study temporarily for one semester or a full academic year.
Visit the “International exchange students site” for more information and, download here all the specific documentation of this faculty: