Work placement types
In the UIC's Faculty of Communication two types of placement are available: curricular (or compulsory) and extracurricular (or voluntary).
- These placements are included within the curriculum, and therefore are compulsory to obtaining your degree.
- Audiovisual Communication and Advertising and PR students complete a work placement in the fourth year, and Journalism students must do so in both the third and fourth years
- The total number of placement hours to be completed within each degree is 300.
- Any UIC Barcelona student can take part in an extracurricular placement voluntarily. Exchange students cannot participate in work placements under the UIC Barcelona agreement.
- They are not included in the curriculum and are in addition to the curricular. placement.
- Students from all years can take work placements, provided they have completed the first 60 ECTS of the degree.
What do they have in common?
All placements are monitored on a personalised basis, to ensure the objectives set are met in terms of the tasks to be carried out, learning, assimilation of knowledge and acquisition of skills.
Contact the coordinator
If you want to do a work placement or have any doubts about the subject, you should contact the placement coordinator of your degree. Don't waste a single minute: your future career is waiting!
Advertising and PR
Dr. Carolina Serra
Ms. Rocío Montuenga
Dr. Ana Isabel Rodríguez