The Faculty has a department that is dedicated to research in the field of journalism, audiovisual communication, advertising and public relations. The Department of Communication Sciences places special emphasis on the analysis of the changes that are the result of new technologies, and studies the existing interaction between society and communication in order to understand the current situation in the sector and set out the future prospectives of the profession.
- Dr Felipe Alonso Marcos: Spiral of Silence / Public Opinion / Media Effects / Ideology, Social Construction of Reality and Social Control.
- Dr Pilar Buil Gazol: Institutional Communication / The Role of Dircom and Communication Management for Sustainable Development.
- Dr Laia Castro: Comparative Media Research / Audience Analysis / Political Communication and Public Opinion / Selective Exposure and Media Polarisation / Interpersonal Communication.
- Dr Isadora García Avis: Narrative and Audiovisual Script / Adaptations / Transcultural Remakes of Fiction Series / Television Formats / Transmedia Narratives and New Forms of Audiovisual Storytelling / Representation of Female STEAM characters in Fictional Television Programmes.
- Dr Zahaira González: Corporate Culture and Organisational Communication / Undertaking Studies and Analysing Social and Environmental Responsibility Practices / New Trends in Communication, Digital Communication and Social Media / The Luxury Fashion Sector
- Dr Carla Gracia: Creative Writing / Creative Process / Transnational Creative Writing / Biofiction / Historical Fiction / Relationship between Reality and Fiction / Storytelling.
- Dr Santiago Justel: Digital Journalism / Web Analytics and Quality of the Information Agenda.
- Dr Iván Lacasa Mas: Media Management and Engagement / Impact of Technology on Journalism, Politics and Culture / Media Evolution and Audiences
- Dr Alfonso Méndiz Noguero: New Forms of Advertising / Advertising and Values / Advertising and childhood / The Influence of Audiovisual Media on our Values and Lifestyles
- Dr Marta Narberhaus: Media Education / Ethics of Journalism and Communication / Quality of Information in Audiovisual Media / Representation of Female STEAM Characters in the Media.
- Dr Rebeca Pardo: Visual Narratives of Illness, Death and Grief / Communication in Health and Photojournalism / Visual Representation and Stigma / Autobiographical Documentary / Family Albums, Home Cinema and New Representations of Online and Offline Privacy / (Audio)Visual Autobiographies / Autofiction / Audiovisual Fictional Representation of Female Characters in STEM Professions.
- Dr Elisa Regadera: Institutional Communication / Fashion Brand Communication and Management
- Dr Ana I. Rodriguez: International Relations / Peace and Conflict Studies / Critical Security Studies / Transitional Justice.
- Dr Rejina Mary Selvam: Organisational Sustainability / Communication of Trust and Leadership / Employees in Brand Co-creation.
- Dr Carolina Serra Folch: History of Advertising
- Dr María Victoria-Mas: Disinformation / Media Literacy / News Consumption Patterns / Journalism Companies and Brand Management.
- Dr Isabel Villanueva Benito: Music / New Technologies / Audiovisual Communication / Advertising and Audiences
- Dr Montse Vidal: Audio Branding / Sound Transmedia Narrative / Sound Identity / Audiovisual Communication and Advertising / Radio
All the members are professionals who combine their teaching duties with research. This allows them to offer the abilities and knowledge that students require in order for them to deal with the current news context and carry out communication projects that are adapted to the characteristics of this new scenario.