An innovative bachelor's degree that combines science and technology to improve clinical care
- General Bioengineering
- Dental prosthetics
- Orthotics for the musculoskeletal system
Do you know the difference between bioengineering and biomedical engineering?
- Bioengineering involves designing implantable medical devices that can restore damaged tissue or organ function.
- Bioengineers build devices that are inserted into the body or fitted on the outside of the body and are normally permanent.
- Bioengineering focuses on the knowledge of materials and their properties.
- Biomedical engineering involves designing and optimising treatment and diagnosis devices like the ones we find in hospitals.
- Biomedical engineers build devices that are usually used on the outside of the body and, if inserted into the body, are never permanent.
- Biomedical engineering is based on applied electronics, image analysis and robotics.
They are already studying it
I decided to study the Bachelor's Degree in Bioengineering because I like both helping people and tecnology. UIC Barcelona is the only university offering a bachelor degree that considers both. It is very rewarding to study knowing that we are innovating for a better future and improving people's lifes.
Patricia del Río, student of the Bachelor's Degree in Bioengineering
Reasons to take this degree
- Unique Bachelor's Degree
You will gain a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering that is unique in Spain, in high demand, innovative, analytical and patient-focused
You will study at the UIC Barcelona Healthcare Campus, in a hospital environment containing two faculties that have received national recognition and prestige.
- Interdisciplinary team
You will receive an interdisciplinary qualification, along with teams of dentists, doctors, nurses and physiotherapists.
You will help students and society using the most revolutionary technology on the market.