Managing and leading healthcare institutions, centres or services requires managerial training and preparation to be able to take on positions of responsibility and steer professional development in the right direction.
The University Master's Degree in Healthcare Management in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at UIC Barcelona offers this kind of professional training, thus adding value to your academic qualification. This official Degree Programme is recognised throughout the European Higher Education Area and is accredited by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports in the Spanish Government and the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU). Since its creation in 2010, this master’s degree has helped train and qualify managers and directors in all areas and at all levels of both the private and public healthcare systems based on an international outlook.
The curriculum aims to offer the training required to confidently take on managerial responsibilities that range from those inherent to general or business management, to managing administrative departments and primary care, hospital, social healthcare or mental health services or units. The programme also covers managerial training for the pharmaceutical, technological or private insurance sectors.
Why take our Master's Degree in Healthcare Management at UIC Barcelona?
- This Official Master’s Degree is recognised throughout the European Higher Education Area.
- A qualification that adds value to a previous official bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- It is the only master’s degree in Healthcare Management with a practical module included in the programme.
- Training in simulated scenarios at the Comprehensive Centre for Advanced Simulation at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Prestigious and renowned lecturers and professors, many of whom hold doctoral degrees and are practitioners in executive roles in their respective fields.
- Schedule and timetables that are compatible with professional commitments.
- Easy access to the Campus by public transport.
- The best Final Master's Degree Projects will be selected for publication in scientific or trade journals, as well as receiving the University’s backing for their practical application should they be deemed to have a high translational value.
- More than 200 students over 10 years with a high level of subsequent professional progression.
- Student job bank.
- Regular communication with the directors via the class representative(s).
Professionals from the healthcare sector interested in acquiring official training and a university qualification that will allow them to take on managerial and executive roles, or, in reinforcing their previous experience acquired in these positions.
Given the interdisciplinary and multi-professional nature of its managerial focus, this master’s degree is aimed at graduates in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Economics and Business Administration, Engineering, Physiotherapy, Dentistry, Law, Biomedicine and Bioengineering.
The University Master’s Degree in Healthcare Management (MUGS) has helped to reinforce my theoretical knowledge on management, which has made our managerial duties easier to deal with, as well as giving us a theoretical foundation upon which to base our daily practice.
Thanks to this master’s degree, I have been able to establish a network of professionals from other institutions who have become my friends and colleagues. Together we have created spaces where we can discuss practical cases and examples of day-to-day casuistry.”Ana Sedano MartínezMaster's Degree in Health Management
“I’m a specialist in Internal Medicine and I trained at the Bellvitge Hospital. Caregiving has always been my greatest passion. However, due to socio-demographic shifts in society, new technologies and new supply and demand healthcare systems, I decided to complement my training with the Master's Degree in Healthcare Management from UIC Barcelona, which helped me understand and acquire further knowledge about hospital processes, leadership and team management. This programme helped me to access positions such as my current jobs at Tres Torres and at the Duran i Reynals Social Healthcare Hospital.”Jonathan Franco Vanegas
Alumnus from the University Master's Degree in Healthcare Management
Current coordinator of the department of Internal and Family Medicine at the Mi Tres Torres Clinic
In my opinion one of its best points is the fact that people can do work placements in hospitals. In my case, I discovered a method of management which was different to what I was used to and it was very interesting. I also met professionals from various fields of management who carry out their daily work completely naturally and transparently, which is something to be very thankful for.Dra. Marta Guzmán Fernández, Cap de Servei d'Urgències Capio HGCMaster's Degree in Health Management2011