Máster en Ortodoncia y Ortopedia Dentofacial
The main aim of this course is to train dentists to be specialist orthodontists on the basis of a solid and wide-ranging theoretical training and with appropriate clinical experience in the various treatment methods available.
Specific objectives include training to work in an interdisciplinary team with other dental or health science professionals and the training, development and application of a scientific attitude.
The Master in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya is certified by the Network of Erasmus Based European Orthodontic Programs (NEBEOP), which falls under the umbrella of the European Orthodontic Society (EOS).
The theoretical training will be offered primarily through a series of tutorials, seminars and theory sessions that will be led or given by UIC teaching staff. Student must attend and participate in these activities and carry out the corresponding coursework on the different topics in question as assigned.
There are three levels of practical training:
Laboratory: preparing orthodontic appliances.
Preclinical training: acquiring the skills and techniques necessary for orthodontic treatment before treating patients.
Clinic: treating patients at the University Dental Clinic.
At the beginning of the course, students must have the following equipment:
- Digital camera. Recommended reflex cameras: Canon EOS, Nikon 70D.
- Lip separators for photos. Intraoral mirrors for dental photography.
- Laptop with sufficient capacity for working on photographs and videos.
- Articulator: SAM3+ dental face-bow and SAM Articulator transfer bow.
- UNITEK tracing templates.
- Ruler, transporter, calliper, 0.5-mm pencil, permanent marker, bow pencil.
- Pliers: Pliers: Angle: AEZ or ETM, three-tip AEZ or ETM, thick cut (from an ironmongers), Tweed (O'Brian or similar), edgewise (2) AEZ or ETM, Nance AEZ or ETM, distal cut, ligature cut, Wiengart fine-tip curved, mosquito and needle holder.
- Rotary instruments: dental turbine, adapter(*), handpiece, micromotor and contra-angle.
- Dental operatory (**).
(*) For the adapter, please check model and compatibility.
(**) On request.
To access the CUO, the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
- ARCOS PALOMINO, Ignacio
- ARTÉS RIBAS, Montserrat
- BOSSY LLUCH, Gabriela
- CLUSELLAS BARRIONUEVO, Núria
- COSTA KURHZALS, Marcos
- DE LA IGLESIA BEYME, Fernando
- ESTELLER MORE, Eduard
- FADÓ ANDRÉS, Rut
- FLORES FRAILE, María Teresa
- GIL MANICH, Víctor
- GONZÁLEZ MARRÓN, Adrián
- GRAU MARRERO, Nayra
- HUGUET CASADES, Josep Maria
- IGLESIAS MORADIELLOS, Angelica
- JOVER DE ESPAÑA, María
- MARCÓ DE GARRIGA, Joan Pau
- MAREQUE BUENO, Javier
- MARTÍNEZ RUBIO, Elsa
- MAS CASTELLA, Jordi
- MAYORAL TRIAS, Maria Angela
- MOLINA BERLANGA, Núria
- MOYANO LLEIXÀ, Javier
- NART MOLINA, María
- NAVARRO GIL, Noelia
- NINOU CARMONA, Anaïs
- PARADA MARTÍNEZ, Antoni
- PARELLADA INSA, Héctor
- PEÑATE GONZÁLEZ, Lissethe
- PONTE CARDOSO RIBEIRO, Mariana
- PORTUGAL IGLESIAS, Elena
- POVEDA GALLEGO, Ana
- PUIGDOLLERS PÉREZ, Andreu
- QUEVEDO POU, Oriol
- RAMÍREZ TOBÓN, Paula Catalina
- ROCAFORT SÁNCHEZ, Guillermo
- ROIG FARGA, Elena
- ROSSELL CAPELL, Juan
- SANTOS LÓPEZ, Iván
- SITGES TORRAS, Maria
Prerequisites & admissions
Application for admissions
- Personal interview: A personal interview will be held with the Master’s programme director and coordinator. Students will be assessed on academic merit, teamwork and professional experience.
- English test: Students will be asked to read an article in English and provide a summary. Spoken English test.
- Wire bending test.
- Summary of a scientific article
Documentation required for registration
- A correctly filled-in application form
- Certified photocopy of the corresponding degree certificate
- 1 academic certificate of your qualifications (with original compulsa)
- 1 photocopy of your National Identity Card (DNI) or passport.
- A payment of €90** made by bank transfer and a receipt for this payment (former degree students from the UIC Barcelona excepted)
Curriculum Vitae with courses and conferences that you have attended.
A letter or letter of recommendation (recommended, not mandatory)
*For students from outside the European Union, qualifications such as their degree certificate must be certified diplomatically or must have the Hague Apostille attached to them. (Homologated/officially recognised qualification is not required).
Candidates who are in the last year of their degree programme should provide a list of qualifications to date before they register.
**Non-refundable management fees
Please send your documents to:
Ms Cristina Junquera
Ms Paola Lago
Faculty of Dentistry
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Edifici Hospital General
Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.