Postgraduate Degree in Family Coaching and Guidance
Reasons to study this Postgraduate Degree
- Interactive Online Postgraduate Degree
This postgraduate degree combines theory and practice through face-to-face work via an online platform, and face-to-face on-site practice (one week).
- On-site week
A one-week stay in Barcelona is planned for the postgraduate degree’s practical classes.
The teaching staff is made up of professionals with extensive experience as specialists in family support in each of the areas taught on the postgraduate degree.
It is not enough to want to provide support to be able to provide support
At the IESF, we have spent years working on the need and the way of supporting families, noting that the cultural changes seen in recent decades have not been matched by a change in family support, in accordance with their new mentality and new circumstances. We need to take a fresh look at “the family”, providing a more real and specific response to families' needs today, in a practical and realistic way.
Our proposal is education in family support. Support means helping each family to discover its own role and learn how to best resolve the difficulties and conflicts that all personal relationships entail. Support is above all about establishing a personal relationship and, as such, one based on trust. We cannot enforce it, but we can offer the conditions to make it possible.
- Educate about attitudes and methods to activate internal resources and external relational dynamics in the person, the couple and the family.
- Teach the skills and competencies needed to overcome difficulties and conflicts faced by families during their life cycle.
Who it is aimed at. Prospective student profile.
This postgraduate degree is appropriate for people with a university degree, with or without work experience, interested in specialising in family consulting and guidance.
The most suitable backgrounds are from the worlds of:
- Social Work
Prerequisites & admissions
Students with an official university degree from within the European Union
- An attested original photocopy of their original degree certificate or of the homologation of the same, or an original attested photocopy of the receipt for payment of fees for issuing the degree certificate.
- An attested original photocopy of their academic transcript for the university studies they have completed.
Students with an official university degree from outside the European Union
- A legalised original photocopy of their original degree certificate.
- A legalised original photocopy of their academic transcript for the university studies they have completed.
- A certificate issued by the university of origin indicating that the degree allows the student to continue on to Postgraduate studies in the country in which the same was issued.
In all cases
- Some passport-sized photographs.
- A photocopy of your National Identity Card or Passport.
- An up-to-date CV.
- A letter of motivation.
- An attested original photocopy of other university qualifications, including postgraduate qualifications.
- If the original language of the documents is not Spanish, then please provide a sworn translation into Spanish of your degree certificate and also of your transcript.
Grants & financial aid
€2,970 (30 credits at €99 per credit)*
- Reservation of a place (included in the price): €600
Graduate Alumni of Marriage and Family Education interested in studying the Postgraduate in Family Consulting have validated the first 12 ECTS, so the total cost of the Postgraduate is € 1.782.
* Prices are subject to variations