Master's Degree in Biodigital Architecture
UIC Barcelona School of Architecture
Discover Biodigital Architecture
We offer you the chance to take part in the first architecture programme that explores the subject from a biological and digital perspective. An avant-garde syllabus and a new, 21st-century concept at your fingertips.
You will have the opportunity to use state-of-the-art technology with new production possibilities. And a whole new world of tools will open up to you, enhancing your professional qualifications and job skills.
Are you ready to see the possibilities awaiting you in the field of biodigital architecture?
Why choose Biodigital Architecture?
- Innovative education
Experiment with genetic-driven software, evolutionary processes, emerging systems and scripting.
- New vision of cybernetic-digital and environmental processes
Explore concepts such as bio-learning and morphogenesis.
- International approach and premier academic staff
Learn with an international teaching body which has made significant contributions to this new cutting-edge field of biodigital architecture.
UIC Barcelona's Master's in Biodigital Architecture is a pioneering programme of UIC Barcelona School of Architecture that combines architecture, biology and new digital trends. Since the year 2000 this programme has offered a unique approach to architecture from a biological and digital perspective.
The teaching programme establishes points of contact between new cybernetic-digital and ecological-environmental techniques. It incorporates experimental concepts, methods and works that use genetic-driven software, evolutionary processes, emerging systems, algorithms, parametric models and scripting. An innovative view of architecture that draws from areas such as genetic versus generative, natural versus digital and the impact of new biologies.
An avant-garde architecture and design programme that integrates the latest developments in conceptualisation and projection technology: Data-Driven Production, CNC numerical control machines, 3D printers... In short, a non-standard form of architecture that applies and promotes the genetic and digital principles of variation, mutation and hybridisation.
If you have a university degree in Architecture, Engineering, Fine Arts, Design, Landscaping, Biology or Genetics, this is the right master's degree for you. No previous specialised knowledge of cybernetics or ecology is required.
Architecture, Engineering, Design, Art, Teaching and Research.
The combination of advanced digital technology applied to architecture and biological knowledge will open up a new, as of yet untapped market.
Digital manufacturing laboratory and genetics laboratory.
Prerequisites & admissions
Who can apply?
This programme is aimed at university graduates from the following areas: Architecture, Engineering, Fine Arts, Design, Landscaping, Biology or Genetics, this is the right master's degree for you. No previous specialised knowledge of cybernetics or ecology is required.
How to apply
- Register online
- Upload the following documents to the student’s portal:
- Photocopy of your passport
- 1 passport-size photo
- Certiﬁed* copy of your Diploma**
- Certiﬁed* copy of your Academic Transcript
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona general conditions (ﬁnd it attached to the student’s portal)
- A signed copy of the UIC Barcelona data protection form (ﬁnd it attached to the student’s portal)
- A filled in and signed copy of the grant survey referring to any external grants/financial aid for which you may have applied (ﬁnd it attached to the student’s portal)
- Motivation letter (in English, include your Skype username in your signature)
- Portfolio (in English and pdf format; content and length up to the student)
- Updated CV (in English)
- Certiﬁcate of English language level (minimum B2)
- Recommendation letters
- Other certiﬁcates, diplomas or proof of work experience
* Document must have an oﬃcial stamp from your university
** If you do not yet have your Diploma, please submit the proof of payment of the diploma issuance fees or a document from your university certifying your expected date of graduation.
In addition to meeting the legal requirements described in the access routes, the Office of Admissions will highly value:
- Applications that show sufficient prior training
- Transcripts from previous studies
- Transferred credits
- Descriptions of relevant work experiencePriority will be given to candidates who have completed studies in engineering (preferably industrial engineering) or business management.
- Reserve a place: Pay the deposit (20% of the total fee) via international transfer
- Tuition fee: Pay the remaining amount (80% of the total fee) via international transfer
Accommodation and Visas
Students are responsible for ﬁnding accommodation and acquiring visas.
National and international students (Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania).
Ruth Regalón: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barcelona. Phone number/Whatsapp: +34 651 82 61 86
For more information for international students (Canada, North America and Latin America):
Susana Expósito: email@example.com
Phone number/Whatsapp: +506 8627 5629