University Master’s Degree in Entrepreneurial Financing: Venture Capital and Private Equity
Reasons to take the Master's Degree
- An officially recognised University Master’s Degree.
- Taught 100% in English.
- Times from Monday to Friday from 3- 9pm.
- A strong international outlook.
- Strong practical approach.
- 6-month in-company work placement
- Strong practical approach to course content
- Partnership with KPMG.
Curriculum and subjects
- Venture Capital - Entrepreneurial Financing
- Entrepreneurship, Strategy & Business Modelling
- Technology, Innovation & Leadership
- Private Equity - Advanced Corporate Finance
- Portfolio Management
- Impact Investment
- Venture Capital, Private Equity Law and Taxation
- Work placement in a company
- Final Master’s Degree Project
In today's macroeconomic context, the venture capital and private equity industries are becoming an increasingly popular alternative source of funding for companies. In this regard, the Master's Degree in Entrepreneurial Financing: Venture Capital and Private Equity will provide the knowledge you need on these alternative entrepreneurial financing models.
You will also have the chance to study in Barcelona, a hub for start-ups and home to numerous entities specialising is transaction services, corporate finance, venture capital and private aquity, and which support and finance the development of new companies.
At UIC Barcelona, we want to promote an enterprising spirit and the creation of companies in our society with this predominantly practical international programme ytaught entirely in English.
- To identify and quantify risks in the area of transaction services via an analysis of the position of the company and the identification of the most important factors.
- To improve your education and guide your professional career in the area of corporate finance, thus increasing your employability and opportunities to work in this sector.
- To develop skills and abilities in order to be able to take on a position in the private equity sector or in companies that are open to international markets.
- To master the venture capital investment cycle as well as the specific methodologies and typologies involved in financial modelling.
- To guide you towards the creation of a new company or increase the intrapreneurial ability of a company by searching for new business models.
Who is aimed at
This Master’s degree is for you if:
- You are a recent graduate of an undergraduate degree.
- You are a junior professional
- You would like to your career to move towards setting up a new business, developing a new concept or business area within a specific company.
- If you want to specialise in alternative entrepreneurial financing models.
- Venture capital and Private Equity funds
- Transaction service departments and corporate finance positions in auditing firms and financial consultancy firms.
- Venture capital and private equity departments in investment banks.
- Jobs in strategic consultancy and finance companies.
Máster Universitario en Financiación del Emprendimiento: Capital Riesgo y Capital Privado / University Master’s Degree in Entrepreneurial Financing: Venture Capital and Private Equity por la Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
Prerequisites & admissions
Submit the following documents to the Information and Admissions Service:
- Original certified photocopy of university degree
- Original certified photocopy of the academic certificate with the candidate’s grades of completed university degrees
- Two passport photographs
- Photocopy of passport
- Updated CV
- Letter of motivation
- Carry out a personal interview with the Director of the Master
- Demonstrate a sufficient level of English to be able to follow the course without problem