Master's Degree in Communication, Brand Management and Sustainability in the Fashion Industry
2022-2023 academic year
Reasons to take this master’s degree
- Global knowledge of the fashion industry
We provide a practical and comprehensive overview of the fashion industry with a focus on the circular economy and sustainability, with an impact on business management variables.
- Multi-channel communication
Students will work on the communication tools and strategies that are necessary to develop successful communication in the fashion sector, both online and offline.
- Prestigious active professionals
Most of the lecturers are prestigious professionals who currently for leading fashion brands, and many of them are in the process of transforming the industry into a more sustainable model.
- Sustainability and circular economy
This degree programme offers a cross-disciplinary education in sustainability throughout the supply chain of the fashion industry, from brand to consumer, with a focus on transparency.
- Work placements in companies from the sector
We contribute to the development of each student's abilities based on a tailored plan that includes work placements and a Final Master’s Degree Project (TFM).
- To provide a global understanding of the fashion market, trends and business positioning today.
- Provide practical knowledge of fashion industry strategy, channels and new communication tools.
- To offer a comprehensive and cross-disciplinary overview of sustainability throughout the fashion supply chain and the way to develop transparency: from the brand to the consumer.
- To teach students how to undertake the strategic organisation of events in the fashion sector.
- To acquire new skills through the Master's work placements and get to know the work undertaken by professionals in the sector at first hand.
Visits to companies
An opportunity to find out about managing companies such as Tous, Gratacos, Showroom Guix, Andrés Sarda, and the flagship stores of Massimo Dutti, among others, from their directors and managers in special visits to the facilities.
Master classes with top-level professionals from the fashion sector.
Professional TFM (with tutor)
Guidance for students Final Master’s Degree Projects (TFM) from professionals working in the fashion sector who are leading innovative and creative projects.
Who is it aimed at? Prospective students
- Degree holders/graduates in Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Fashion Design, etc. who want to focus on working in fashion communication.
- Communication professionals who are already working in communication agencies or departments of a fashion company and want to acquire new knowledge, skills and experience.
- Businesspeople and/or entrepreneurs from the fashion sector who wish to acquire the knowledge about communication and sustainability this Master's Degree offers.
Students will acquire competences that will enable them to work in the following areas:
- Creation and management of fashion and beauty brands.
- Communication advisor, public relations, project management, analyst for fashion Industry companies
- Marketing departments for fashion and beauty companies.
- Image consultancy for advertising, cinema and audiovisual media.
- Marketing and communication for luxury companies.
- Organisation and management of fashion, luxury, beauty, etc. events
- Fashion and beauty magazines and publications
- Head of promotion in institutions in the sector
Click here to see the curriculum
Director of the Master’s degree
Elisa Regadera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PhD in communication, lecturer in Communication and Fashion and vice-dean of the UIC Barcelona Faculty of Communication Sciences
Raquel Iriso (email@example.com)
Director of Studies of the UIC Barcelona Faculty of Communication Sciences
Coordinator of the Master’s degree
Victoria Dios (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Holder of a bachelor’s degree in advertising and digital public relations. Fashion PR and talent manager. Founder of @thecastle.creations
Lecturers and professors
There are numerous speakers who lecture on this Master’s degree, some of whom form part of our team of teaching staff:
Iria Pérez Gestal
Director of modaes.es
Head of sustainability at the Pepe Jeans Group
Head of planning and dissemination at CaixaForum Barcelona
Senior lecturer of Aesthetics and Theory of the Arts at UIC Barcelona School of Architecture
Strategic marketing consultant specialising in fashion and retail
Director of sustainability at TEXFOR (Spanish Textile Industry Confederation)
Freelance lifestyle and culture journalist. Author of Ágatha Ruiz de la Prada and co-author of El gran libro del té. PhD in communication sciences
Maria Pilar Buil
Contracted doctor at the UIC Barcelona Faculty of Communication Sciences, specialised in communication and institutional and corporate communication management
Director of the UIC Barcelona Office for Cooperation and Sustainable Development and senior lecturer (AQU) at the Faculty of Education Sciences
Managing partner of 17comunicacion.com and holder of a PhD in communication
Circular economy coordinator at the Formació i Treball Foundation
Prerequisites & admissions
While all candidates who meet the access route requirements will be considered, acceptance will be determined based on the following criteria:
- University degree and transcript of records
- Professional and academic CV (previous experience is not compulsory, but it will be valued)
- Motivation letter
Reservation and enrolment
In order to reserve a place on the course, candidates who have received an official letter of admission must make an initial payment for the amount of 20% of the total master's degree fee.
The rest may be paid after the enrolment process.