Master's Degree in Periodontology
The advanced training course in periodontology is designed to train dental professionals to be specialists in the field of periodontics and implantology. This programme will prepare these professionals for clinical practice, academic teaching, and research in periodontics.
The programme consists of a theoretical programme that covers the clinical aspects of periodontics and includes seminars to review and analyse current and classic literature on periodontics, joint seminars on prosthodontics and periodontics, seminars on the interrelationship between periodontics and other dental specialities, presentations on clinical cases in periodontics, and joint clinical cases alongside other dental specialities. The practical side of the course includes treating all kinds patients with periodontal diseases, from basic treatments to periodontal and mucogingival surgery and implantology. Students will also be required to conduct a periodontal research project focusing on clinical issues and/or laboratory aspects, over the course of the three year programme.
The Master’s in Periodontology is a full-time 3-year postgraduate programme accredited by the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP), designed to train dentists in the specialised fields of periodontology and implantology. This programme prepares students to supervise clinical treatments, as well as how to teach and carry out research in surgical and periodontal implant dentistry. The course includes a theoretical module that covers clinical subjects related to periodontics, seminars that review and analyse contemporary and classic literature, courses on surgical and periodontal implantology, the relationship between periodontics and other specialised areas of dentistry, a study of clinical cases in periodontics, and clinical cases related to other areas of dental specialisation. During the practical part of this course students will receive training in all types of periodontal treatment and will carry out an individual research project in the area of periodontics and implantology.
In order to study this Master’s course, students must bring the following equipment:
- A digital reflex camera with 105 mm focal length and ring flash.
- Laptop or computer access (USB, etc.).
- Surgical instruments (as recommended by the department)
- Professional magnifying lenses (minimum: 2.5X)
- Rotary instruments: dental turbine, adapter(*), contra-angle, handpiece and micromotor.
- Surgical box (once the lectures start the Company Hu-Friedy offers its product in case you are interested in).
- Phosphor imaging plates for X-rays
*The model and compatibility of the adapter is pending confirmation.
To access the CUO, the student must bring:
— Personal protection face screen
— Full protection glasses, except in the case of wearing corrective glasses or magnifying glasses. In this case the full protection glasses are not necessary. All other material of special protection will be provided by the clinic.
- ABELLAN IÑIGUEZ, Desire
- ALBERTINI, Matteo
- APARICIO BADENAS, Conrado José
- BAGLIVO DUARTE, Mariana Paula
- BERTOS QUÍLEZ, Nuria
- BLASI BERIAÍN, Gonzalo
- CABEZAS MORENTE, Manuel
- CARREÑO MURIEL, Miguel Angel
- CARRIÓ BERTRÁN, Neus
- DE TAPIA PASTOR, Beatriz
- DIZ IGLESIAS, Pedro
- DONATE VELASCO, Angela
- DORIA CREIXELL, Inés
- ESPONA ROIG, José
- ESQUINAS LÓPEZ, Cristina
- ESTEBAN FRADERA, Francisco Javier
- FADÓ ANDRÉS, Rut
- GALOFRÉ MERCADÉ, Marta
- GARCÍA CABEZA, Ricardo
- GARCÍA MUR, Berta
- GARCÍA SÁNCHEZ, Raquel
- GIL MANICH, Víctor
- GOLMAYO MUÑOZ-DELGADO, Pilar
- GONZÁLEZ MARRÓN, Adrián
- GONZÁLEZ TERRATS, Rodrigo
- HUGUET CASADES, Josep Maria
- JANÉ CEBALLOS, Santiago
- JIMÉNEZ CABEZA, Daniel Esteban
- LAPEDRA BOSCH, Ada
- LEVI, Paul Aaron
- LLENA DURALL, Cristina
- MAREQUE BUENO, Javier
- MARTÍ ARTAU, Mireia
- MARTÍNEZ AMARGANT, Josep Maria
- MAS CASTELLA, Jordi
- MAYORAL TRIAS, Maria Angela
- MESTRES BIESCAS, Jaume
- MORA BAHIMA, Javier
- MOR REINOSO, Carolina
- MUÑOZ CARCAVILLA, Marta
- NART MOLINA, José
- PALAO MOREL, Diana
- PANIAGUA COTONAT, Blanca
- PARADA MARTÍNEZ, Antoni
- PARELLADA INSA, Héctor
- PASCUAL LA ROCCA, Andres Matteo
- PEÑA FERRER, Marta
- PEÑATE GONZÁLEZ, Lissethe
- PONS CALABUIG, Ramón
- PONTE CARDOSO RIBEIRO, Mariana
- POVEDA GALLEGO, Ana
- PUGLISI, Rosario
- ROCAFORT SÁNCHEZ, Guillermo
- RUIZ MAGAZ, Vanessa
- RUMEU MILA, Juan
- SANTOS ALEMANY, Antonio
- SAVOINI, Marzia Cristina
- TAKAMOLI SANZ, Joan
- TORRES RODRIGUEZ, Juan Camilo
- VALLCORBA PLANA, Nuria
- VALLÈS VEGAS, Cristina
- VILARRASA SÁNCHEZ, Javier
Prerequisites & admissions
- Personal interview: A personal interview will be held with the programme coordinator and course director. They will assess the academic merit and class rank of each candidate, as well as the ability to work in a team.
- Aptitude test: the aptitude test will last between 20 and 30 minutes. The test will be used to assess the abilities and skills of each candidate.
- TOEFL ≥ 85 or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English ≥ 176.
- At least one year of work experience after obtaining the Degree in Dentistry
- Training in research and statistics will be viewed positively.
- Entrance exam based on chapters 1 to 8 (pages 1-516) of the book Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry by Lang and Lindhe.
Documentation required for pre-registration
- Pre-enrolment form.
- A certified copy of the relevant undergraduate degree*.
- Transcript of grades (original or certified copy)*.
- Photocopy of your Spanish National Identity Document (DNI) or passport.
- Receipt for payment of €90 by bank transfer**.
- Curriculum vitae including any courses and conferences attended.
- Letter/s of recommendation (not obligatory).
*For students from outside the European Union, both the academic record and the degree certificate must either be processed through diplomatic channels or bear The Hague Apostille.
Candidates in the last year of their degree programme must provide a list of the qualifications they obtained before their registration date.
** Processing fees are non-refundable
Ms Cristina Junquera
Ms Paola Lago
Faculty of Dentistry
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya
Hospital General Building
C/ Josep Trueta, s/n
08195 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
Grants & financial aid
Members of UIC Alumni are entitled to a 5% discount.